Once in a Lifetime Opportunity to own Alexi's personal Guitar

John McCarthy

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2021
Reactions: rj rl and COB-666
Yeah i saw that one posted on the Facebook groups as well.
Its a super sweet axe John, and I'll bet that the right buyer comes along any day now.
I think alot of Alexis fans arent really online, just as he wasn't an internet person.
You should definitely see if you can get some press by someone else, to get more eyes on the guitar.

I do realize the uniqueness of that particular guitar, and were I a high-baller I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

It's a bargain compared to the other artist owned guitars. Kirk Whammett comes to mind. Good luck with the sale!

The price is just as crazy as the opportunity to own Laiho's own guitar. Spending 14 000 USD for a guitar, even for a celebrity's, is beyond me. Whether or not you have the money for it, I'm sure there are a gazillion cleverer things to do with such money. So the future owner of this axe is probably going to be an edgy teenager fanboy with rich parents who say 'yes' at his every whim.

Anyway, this got me thinking, would be interested if the stolen Jackson resurfaced now that their original owner passed away. They'd probably fetch a pretty penny too.

I do realize you can buy two ESP Customshops and still have enough for at JVM halfstack.
Here in Denmark, that is the price of a Citroën C1.
I can't, and neither can you, put a price on this. It's definitely too much for me, and probably for most people.
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
I don't have a hard on for this as much as that old beat up Sawtooth i posted pictures of.

Reactions: Works0fheart
I am no moral arbiter but standing on the grave of a metal icon in order to make a quick buck doesn't sit will with me. Its only been a few months, families and friends are still grieving, and the man is barely interred. You do you, I guess, but I suspect I know the answer the question "Would you be selling this if he were still alive?"

This also exemplifies why the estate of Alexi is as contentious as it is. The value of his personal guitars are probably well into the hundreds of thousands of euros.

Years ago friend tried to sell the pink Flying V. Not owned by Alexi but still. He asked for 8K or something. Glad he didn't sell it, still playing on it and he is damn good.

About this one... How it came guitar owned by Alexi is for selling? Since I know he never sell his stuff. The only guitars owned by fans (or not) were the stolen ones.
Anyway, price is huge and it's kinda not correct to use the opportinity of his death to make money. But it's your guitar after all.

Years ago friend tried to sell the pink Flying V. Not owned by Alexi but still. He asked for 8K or something. Glad he didn't sell it, still playing on it and he is damn good.

About this one... How it came guitar owned by Alexi is for selling? Since I know he never sell his stuff. The only guitars owned by fans (or not) were the stolen ones.
Anyway, price is huge and it's kinda not correct to use the opportinity of his death to make money. But it's your guitar after all.
He's the owner of Rock House Method, and he's come out and said that the company is having a hard time making ends meet. Mostly due to covid alot of artists couldn't come record stuff. Alexi paid the COB pyro-guy with some guitars for a job well done on his house, and he gave that one to John for being cool. Would you rather have a cool guitar or come closer to financial ruin with the company you spent decades building. I feel sorry for John having to let go of that guitar.

He's the owner of Rock House Method, and he's come out and said that the company is having a hard time making ends meet. Mostly due to covid alot of artists couldn't come record stuff. Alexi paid the COB pyro-guy with some guitars for a job well done on his house, and he gave that one to John for being cool. Would you rather have a cool guitar or come closer to financial ruin with the company you spent decades building. I feel sorry for John having to let go of that guitar.

Is RockHouse still a thing? Last time I checked it was almost 10 years since they released a DVD. They were doing really well and then just stopped.

Is RockHouse still a thing? Last time I checked it was almost 10 years since they released a DVD. They were doing really well and then just stopped.
I think the competition might have gotten harder in the last decade. They've been outgunned by YouTube that's full of 'free' content. All of the rockhouse stuff can be had as a subscription or for download, but theres just so much competition now.
Also.. is this free?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210528-185839_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210528-185839_Chrome.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: COB-666 and Zman