One amp in your studio...which one?

Well my vote would be for the Mesa Mark IV or V. Haven't tried a Kemper yet, but I'm sure they are just great.

But for a real amp, the Mark series do get you 3 good channels and a LOT of versatility.

Yea it became the standard .... ProTools

Defines a generation of music - Djent (PodFarm, Pod, AxeFX)

Djent is not a generation of music.
Only time will tell if it holds up to Classic music, too soon.

And all these analog studios still out there, tape machines and COUNTLESS emulations of The Real Thing does testify that, these Things are here to stay.

I know no musician who would`nt want a big mixing console and a studer A800.

Not because they are perfect, but because nobody likes a fake.

Kemper is fake, its not an amp, its a digital box that makes sound reminiscent of an amp.

Maybe one day they will make a good digital box, but the jury is still out.

Good records are made with the kemper, and the pod and so on, no doubt.

But it is not an amp.

Kemper is fake, its not an amp, its a digital box ... But it is not an amp.

345fbdd4_Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Dang, I just sold my old AxeFX Standard :erk:

The thing I like about AmpliTube is that if I need to tweak the amp settings after already recording, I can do that on the fly without having to reamp the guitar performance. I'm not familiar with the new AxeFX II and Kemper, is this an option?

the axe fx standard is great, however the Axe FX II is superior compared to the standard.
it's definitively worth a try, especially when your focus is on direct recording.

I'll mention nazism just for the sake of validating Godwin's law then.

Real amp nazi.:D

Well, I went and tried out the Kemper today. Gotta say that I wasn't diggin' it. First off, I was completely lost at how to navigate the thing. I'm pretty technically savvy, used to be a network admin. I fumbled around and found some presets. It sounded good, but I just walked away from it not feeling the hype. I spent a lot of time with it too, so it wasn't, "Ah this thing sucks. I'm done." Having owned an Axe-Fx Standard, I think I'll be looking into the new Axe-Fx 2.

For the record, as an Axe FX II user, I think the Kemper is an awesome amp. The tones people have gotten out of that box are fantastic and it's a genuinely unique piece of gear. It's things like the formant pitch shifting that the Axe FX doesn't even have yet that really show that there are some very creative and intelligent minds behind this awesome box. If you haven't checked it out do so now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PWlQAJZGto

At the end of the day, gear is about enabling the artist to fulfill the sound in their head. Any device be it tube, digital or solid state that can do it is fulfilling its purpose. It's just becoming a fact that these digital boxes are beginning to do it better in many ways. Maybe not in all ways yet, but they are constantly improving and striving for perfection while analog gear sits there. I'm on the side of progress and loving the many advantages digital is bringing to the table.

Are the people saying Kemper actually operating only with a Kemper + commercial/free profiles? Or to make the question more open - would you be happy if you couldn't make your own profiles? That is the only worry I have with it really, as I'm considering going completely digital at the minute. In the EU an Axe is a lot more expensive.