One Kill Wonder

I think One Kill Wonder rules! Their debut is of course in a class of its own, untouchable, but in my oh so humble opinion OKW is better than Made Me Do It... and that's to say a lot. :)

I was disappointed. It was quite average...they've lost any of the identity in their sound present on their debut...their quest for something heavier has resulted in something a lot more generic, a pitfall common to a lot of modern thrash (Carnal Forge anyone?) and one that this album has fallen into unfortunately.

The stuff comes across better live though, more energy, and The Haunted are superb live.

Hellion said:
I was disappointed. It was quite average...they've lost any of the identity in their sound present on their debut...their quest for something heavier has resulted in something a lot more generic, a pitfall common to a lot of modern thrash (Carnal Forge anyone?) and one that this album has fallen into unfortunately.

The stuff comes across better live though, more energy, and The Haunted are superb live.

err.gif
Carnal Forge are one of the best bands going right now...Awesome riffs, crushing guitar sound, immense drumming and a wicked vocalist...Really intense thrash band, good shit for anyone who enjoyed the first Haunted album...

IMO The S/T is the pinnacle of the Haunted's releases with MMDI coming right after it...the new album seemed to trade in a lot of the down-picked Judas Priest-ish chugging rhythms for tremelo picked 16ths at 240 bpm, which is cool in it's own right, but it takes away a lot of the heaviness that some of those songs could have had....it's like changing the picking pattern in the super heavy solo rhythm riff to a tremelo picked 16th note riff....not very heavy anymore is it?

F0RBIDDEN said:
err.gif
Carnal Forge are one of the best bands going right now...Awesome riffs, crushing guitar sound, immense drumming and a wicked vocalist...Really intense thrash band, good shit for anyone who enjoyed the first Haunted album...

IMO The S/T is the pinnacle of the Haunted's releases with MMDI coming right after it...the new album seemed to trade in a lot of the down-picked Judas Priest-ish chugging rhythms for tremelo picked 16ths at 240 bpm, which is cool in it's own right, but it takes away a lot of the heaviness that some of those songs could have had....it's like changing the picking pattern in the super heavy solo rhythm riff to a tremelo picked 16th note riff....not very heavy anymore is it?

Y'know, I honestly have no fucking clue! Jeezo man! I guess i'll take your word for it!

Mundane sonic feces. The only thing I can credit them is that they've opted for a more darker sound, but it's just as generic as HMMDI, if not worse. I was somewhat optimistic given that Anders rejoined, but the whole band is just on auto pilot now. Fuck The Haunted.

Yeah, one awesome album. The only thing I can complain about is that the songs are to similiar with each other and in the beginning it was hard for me to figure out when one song ended and the next one started. Too little time between the trackks