One More About The One and Only TIMO TOLKKI (This is good!)

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
:lol: You guys *HAVE TO* read the new chapter. It's on the Revolution Renaissance's official website, www.revolutionrenaissance.net.

To make a long story short, apparently it was revealed to the band that Timo Tolkki did not record any of the solos/guitars on the new record, Trinity. The band, obviously got super-pissed at him and decided to move on without Tolkki this time with a new name, and with the guitarist who actually did all of the solos.

Seriously, go read this. It's good. :lol:

www.revolutionrenaissance.net (I can't copy it here because it's a flash thing)

CLASSIC!!!!! But not so surprising. The man is a joke and a freak.

I'm just sad that such a talented musician as Jens Johansson ever got involved with such a dork.

Thank God Timo is not from Sweden... :lol:

I don't even know where to begin with this one. I think this is the final straw for the man as after getting wind of this, who in their right mind will EVER want to work with him again, let alone believe him ever again? I wonder what excuse he'll have this time.

Has the CD been released? Does the booklet say he's the lead guitarist and song writer with no mention of the other guy? Not only did he not record them, it also says he didn't even compose them. And apparently the same thing was done on Age of Aquarius? That's some bullshit.

Also, I wrote it up:

Timo Tolkki: Metal's Milli Vanilli
"The guitar playing is fierce; it sounds like someone set Timo's shirt on fire and he's playing as if his life depends on getting some point across" - Jens Johannson (Stratovarius)

"Aggressive, progressive, dark and powerful solos and trying to say: hey I'm a guitar god. And I like that" - Raziel SR (Stratoforum)

"Tolkki should win a prize for the 'best solos of the year'!! ALL the solos are SPECTACULAR!! Much better technique than on the Stratovarius days" - Vinicius (Revolution Renaissance group on ORKUT)

Musicians and fans all over the world were blown away by Revolution Renaissance's new album "Trinity" out September 24th 2010 on Napalm Records. Among the reviews, the new guitar solos by Timo Tolkki attracted enthusiastic words. But those who were touched by his virtuosos cannot imagine what lies beneath the making of this record.

What is about to unfold is one of the biggest scandals in music industry since Milli Vanilli's lip-syncing episode was unmasked in the nineties.

The guitar hero cheated on his loyal fans. Tolkki also betrayed his former bandmates. He got credit for the amazing solos that he NEVER composed nor played during the "Trinity" and "Age of Aquarius" sessions.

In July, two months before the release of "Trinity", Tolkki told the other members from RR that he wanted to put the band to rest. After his announcement, the co-producer of the album, Santtu Lehtiniemi, got in touch with the rest of the band and revealed the truth. The guitar solos recorded in Finland were performed by him, Santtu. It's a scandal when the band leader is someone who has been ranked by Guitar World magazine as one of the 50 fastest guitar players of all time.

Mixed emotions took place in Tolkki's former bandmates' hearts. Despite the frustration about being fooled artistically and economically, they got excited about Santtu Lehtiniemi's true talent and chose to move on together.

Wait till you guys see the new band he is shopping around. It's a rather impressive roster if it comes true.
Link?

Really it would be great to see this new roster, but in light of everything else, I'm skeptical.

Crap, this fallacy never seems to end. Very sad since he did create something special awhile back.

He's gone over the edge now trying to recreate that magic. I wish he'd just go into rehab or recluse and a reimergance a few years down the road, but he's so determined to undermine Strato, he keeps killing himself. Sad.

Link?

Really it would be great to see this new roster, but in light of everything else, I'm skeptical. .

I'm afraid that I cannot post it at his request. The only reason I know is that he asked about the festival next year with it. He stated he was shopping for a deal with that lineup and did not want to hurt their chances by going public. Considering the individuals involved, it actually made sense.

If an album ever happens with the lineup he noted, then I would indeed pursue them for the festival. I had absolutey no problems with Timo when Strat played many moons ago.

Link?

Really it would be great to see this new roster, but in light of everything else, I'm skeptical.

Crap, this fallacy never seems to end. Very sad since he did create something special awhile back.

He's gone over the edge now trying to recreate that magic. I wish he'd just go into rehab or recluse and a reimergance a few years down the road, but he's so determined to undermine Strato, he keeps killing himself. Sad.

Exactly. At this point he really just needs to lay low for a while and come back years later. Even with that though, considering this story, I don't know who would trust whatever project he comes up with.

I'm afraid that I cannot post it at his request. The only reason I know is that he asked about the festival next year with it. He stated he was shopping for a deal with that lineup and did not want to hurt their chances by going public. Considering the individuals involved, it actually made sense.

If an album ever happens with the lineup he noted, then I would indeed pursue them for the festival. I had absolutey no problems with Timo when Strat played many moons ago.
Ok, fair enough. Frankly with the info I have, I'd still rather see Cain's Offering, but I'll calmly wait the next step. Thx.

Yup, it's true. I think the original guitarist name is Vanya Stanisavljevic. I have a friend that's good friends with him and said the Renaissance Revolution guitar work was him. Hahahaha, he also plays in, so called "Turbo Metal" band, Burlak.

He's the lefty.

Edit: nvm I'm wrong, it was all preformed by Santtu Lehtiniemi like the site said. I didn't read it, my pal is also friends with him which is why I got it confused. My bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, it's true. I think the original guitarist name is Vanya Stanisavljevic. I have a friend that's good friends with him and said the Renaissance Revolution guitar work was him. Hahahaha, he also plays in, so called "Turbo Metal" band, Burlak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpFD3sYTrTQ

He's the lefty.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ABOUT?!!!!

I could've sworn I didn't inhale any illegal substances, but after watching that I certainly feel like I have.