one thing more u want from kalmah ???

ahmedkokko

Mar 22, 2008
i want them to stay foucesd on thier music i know that pekka and anttie r not make thier livn from music but i belive if they give more time the band and all members to . so they can preform alot of concerts and get more fame . i belive they will inavde the musical scene with old albums like swamplord and the rest

i want them to stay foucesd on thier music i know that pekka and anttie r not make thier livn from music but i belive if they give more time the band and all members to . so they can preform alot of concerts and get more fame . i belive they will inavde the musical scene with old albums like swamplord and the rest

I think the guys in kalmah know that they could achieve "fame" in the metal scene, more so than what they already have, but it's not what they WANT to do, and the only purpose in making music is to do what you want to do and be happy doing it, so I am perfectly fine with Kalmah living the way they do as long as they keep doing what I love.

good point but there is alot bands r technicaly less than kalmah and r more famous i want kalmah to be famous and spread thier music on the scene
and i have question r kalmah famous in the us ??

Well, it's not entirely up to the band either...
Let's not forget the label, the promoters, the folks who actually arrange concerts, and so on...

The band should just focus on the music, and I really think they do just that.
Also, most metalheads I've spoken to either knew of, or was a fan of Kalmah,
so I dare say they are quite big already!

I dunno. As long as I get to see them play once in a while I'm satisfied.
And I do! Fuck yeah Tuska! :D

If you want a bigger fanbase, you must make your music more accessible and most of the time the result sucks. Ex: CoB, In Flames, etc. I'm happy with how Kalmah is right now and I even got to see them in Quebec not so long ago. One thing is sure, I don't want them to start making shitty albums to earn more money.

One thing I've always liked about Kalmah is that when I listen to them I get the feeling that they write their songs for pure pleasure and just try to make the coolest song they can. I don't get the same feeling with bands like Norther and Bodom (nowadays). It sounds like they are trying to impress an audience rather than satisfy themselves (oh "N" from Norther is a heaping shitpile if you haven't heard it yet).

The fact that Kalmah is getting much fame and great respect everywhere WITHOUT actually being "a mainstream or a popular bodomish band" is just mind boggling and phenomenal. Antti has stated they are alright with not being so popular. I am glad kalmah is not a super famous band because many know that the road to fame has definitely affected the music of many bands (bodom, in flames..i dont think i have to name more) but of course there are bands that are pretty popular and are still amazing in my opinion(dark tranquillity, ensiferum, amon amarth) but yea I think Kalmah's fame is climbing more and more in the United States. (especially how they are making and make more amazing albums!!) As soon as they make a great quality DVD, they will definitely blow people's minds!!!

You guys were talking about promotion earlier... Sadly the fact is that this kind of (awesome) music that Kalmah plays doesn't really sink in that well with the average listener. The number of real metal fans is just way too small for any promoters to cash in on. All this makes it kinda hard for a real metal band to be succesful while staying with their own style.

At least thats how I see these things.

You guys were talking about promotion earlier... Sadly the fact is that this kind of (awesome) music that Kalmah plays doesn't really sink in that well with the average listener. The number of real metal fans is just way too small for any promoters to cash in on. All this makes it kinda hard for a real metal band to be succesful while staying with their own style.

At least thats how I see these things.
This is especially true here in the US. I'm an American and Kalmah is one of my favorite bands, but they're still relatively unknown here, despite being leaps and bounds ahead of mainstream music as far as composition and artistic integrity.

the best thing you can do is promote them yourself, and tell your friends to listen to kalmah (and buy their cds ;)

that's what i did when i first introduced myself to the band, and now all my friends (even girls who weren't into metal, previously) are into Kalmah.

one thing i would like to see is some of the other older stuff being played in shows not just the widley known songs ie:
tordah
using the word
alteration
the third the magical!!
burbots revenge
hallow heart
human fates!!
the list is endless!!
why dont ya just start from the beginning of swamplord and play all the way to like a slave. i cant picture a better set list than that haha!!!!!

what did they have to say to that?
i think it would make an equally amazing concert playing the less well known songs (if that makes sense)