One World Government/Illuminati/Etc.

I've never held to the idea that "the masses" are ignorant consumers fit only for exploitation and conditioning.

Presumably we're all above this, are we?

I could be wrong but I don't think he is saying "the masses" are ignorant and stupid, rather that the media apparatus is designed to bombard them into consumption habits that are in line with macroeconomic goals of the societal elite.

It is too simplistic to say outright that people in general follow what they are told to do via advertising, pr, journalism, etc., but when all the mainstream modes of information dispersal are premised on maintaining cultural hegemony by magnifying minute differences as examples of 'choice' and 'democracy' the frame of discourse narrows considerably, creating instead only an illusion of democratic discourse that potentially undercuts opportunities for widening the frame of discussion beyond the scope allowed within dominant ideology.

In other words it is not the fault of people that the information they are provided with is misleading and that they potentially act upon that information, rather the blame falls on the ones framing the discussion in the first place.

I could be wrong but I don't think he is saying "the masses" are ignorant and stupid, rather that the media apparatus is designed to bombard them into consumption habits that are in line with macroeconomic goals of the societal elite.

It is too simplistic to say outright that people in general follow what they are told to do via advertising, pr, journalism, etc., but when all the mainstream modes of information dispersal are premised on maintaining cultural hegemony by magnifying minute differences as examples of 'choice' and 'democracy' the frame of discourse narrows considerably, creating instead only an illusion of democratic discourse that potentially undercuts opportunities for widening the frame of discussion beyond the scope allowed within dominant ideology.

In other words it is not the fault of people that the information they are provided with is misleading and that they potentially act upon that information, rather the blame falls on the ones framing the discussion in the first place.

This. I just happened to be fortunate enough to get "awakened" to the situation, partly due to being educated mostly outside the system, and to what I consider supernatural involvement.

It really is very easy to "view the system from the outside" at this point. I can see the programming in nearly every movie, news broadcast, TV show, or commercial, to some degree.

The role of media in large majority is to keep the herd docile and chasing the ever elusive carrot of material possessions and imagined "status", while actually leading them into a pit of debt and poverty/slavery.

Check out you guys. Thinkin'outside everything. Yeah.

I am not saying I am a free thinker, unfettered by chains of ideology or some such bollocks (ideology is inescapable in my view), rather I am advocating that it is worth questioning the status quo and to not just simply passively accept it on its face.

I think the concept of a one-world government is just ludicrous. In America, a great deal of the people warning about it are the evangelical Christians (who ironically support such a system, albeit under Christ as opposed to man).

the Evangelical Christians WANT a one-government world, because they want the global government ruled by "God"
but they are AFRAID of the global government because they think that such a government will be ruled by "Satan" based on some weird ass "interpretation" of the supposedly difficult to understand book called "revalation" every generation thinks they're gonna be the last, everyone's always waiting for the global government ruled by "Satan" and everyone always thinks "the second coming of Christ" is "comming soon" everyone's been waiting for all this crap since the year 1,000

supposedly John wrote the book of revelation in some sort of code so that the "pagans" wouldn't be able to understand it, but when i read it, it really just looked like a guy writing down what he saw after using some peyote or 'shrooms

It really is very easy to "view the system from the outside" at this point. I can see the programming in nearly every movie, news broadcast, TV show, or commercial, to some degree.

The role of media in large majority is to keep the herd docile and chasing the ever elusive carrot of material possessions and imagined "status", while actually leading them into a pit of debt and poverty/slavery.

credit cards do nothing but make credit card debt

I gotta say I agree with hexwind. Good stuff. A lot of people dismiss everything because it sounds too much like a sci-fi story, but the truth is we know nothing

This popular interest and speculation on the New world order may have stemmed from Dan Brown's book. I personally think that if you link pieces together, the Illuminati idea may have some truth to it.