oneovthose Hammers of Misfortune updates

BenMech

student of the d'eh
here
Our 3rd LP ("The Locust Years") has been done for quite some time now. Why isn't it out yet? Good question. We hear it'll be out by June.

Ron Nichols (ex Grinch, Christ On Parade) is officially our bass player and has been for a while now. Jamie is now living in Texas with her new baby boy Errol and fiancee Brian! We doubt that the world has heard the last of Ms Myers, however...

Chewy is playing with the excellent King City (not to be missed if you live around here), and some other projects as well. John Cobbett is currently mixing Ludicra's 3rd LP, which will be out on Alternative Tentacles sometime this summer. Mike Scalzi's Slough Feg will be touring the US this summer. Sigrid Sheie is about to start her graduate program in classical piano.

Hammers almost has a new drummer. Just a few more tryouts should do it. By late summer we should have a new album out, a new website, a new line-up and some shows booked.

ludicrous speed

LudicrousSpeed1-0_big.jpg

ok ...

San Francisco's HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE has issued the following update:

"HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE has a new lineup! First of all, original drummer Chewy has returned to the fold. This is great news and we are thrilled to have him back! As for vocals, we have two new members. Patrick Goodwin (DIRTY POWER) is playing guitar and assuming duties as our male lead vocalist. Jesse Quattro (SECRET CHIEFS 3, CARNICERIA) is our new female vocalist. We're very excited to have Chewy back, and some excellent new voices in the band. We expect this lineup to be our best yet. This lineup is confirmed to debut at the South By Southwest showcase in Austin TX, in March of '07. There will undoubtedly be shows prior to this, but they are a secret at the moment..."

HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE new lineup:

Chewy - Drums
Ron Nichols - Bass
John Cobbett - Guitar, etc.
Sigrid Sheie - Piano, Organ
Patrick Goodwin - Voice, Guitar
Jesse Quattro - Voice, etc.

not sure I like this vocalist change ... his vocals were one of the best parts of the unique HOM sound

<<This lineup is confirmed to debut at the South By Southwest showcase in Austin TX, in March of '07.>>

I cannot wait to see what the press reaction to that show, the biggest independent label showcase/circle jerk in the world, would be...

Hammers are soooo progressive (in the truest sense of the word) that having Scalzi replaced only adds to the uncertainty of where they can go next.

I'm ok with Scalzi delivering the goods with Slough Feg, and hearing a whole new vibe with Hammers on the next go round.

The only question I have right now is do I fly to Austin next March?

Exceprt lyrics from song of the year:

If the people wonder why so many had to die
Or they test the wisdom of your prevailing lie
Or how you let it happen when you knew it all the time
And you just let them fly
It's in your evil eyes
The way they were betrayed the day they died
Trot out the Dead
Trot out the Lies

Love it when you listen to music and the lyrics raise the hairs on your arms.

Exceprt lyrics from song of the year:

If the people wonder why so many had to die
Or they test the wisdom of your prevailing lie
Or how you let it happen when you knew it all the time
And you just let them fly
It's in your evil eyes
The way they were betrayed the day they died
Trot out the Dead
Trot out the Lies

Love it when you listen to music and the lyrics raise the hairs on your arms.
I know exactly what you mean, same with the lyrics from the The Locust Years, the song.

I actually don't care that Mike is gone. He was a great part of the band, but it's John's project and maybe he can make something even better?