Online Demo Collaboration

BattleAxe

New Metal Member
Apr 15, 2004
Anyone out there interested in an experiment?

I am putting a website together called NexusDemos.com, I am looking for musicians to collaborate with via the internet from all around the world.

The idea: from two to five (max) musicians per track; guitarists (must be tight), bassists (ditto), drummers (if possible), vocalists, keyboardists, samplers/sequencers"ists" & digital drum programmers.

We agree on who will play together based on ideas, influences, style and ability etc.

We pool together a few riffs and other ideas, via online messenger come up with a structure. The wavs and loops are then put together, entered into a sequencer or some kind of editing suite (eg Cubase, Logic or Cakewalk) and we come up with a track. Tracks will then be available for download from the website and hopefully we can get enough together to come up with a cd. Its just a concept at the moment but I think that at the least it would be a good chance to exchange ideas and interact with musicians that you would never have the chance to jam with otherwise regardless of age, experience or nationality.

What can I offer? The website facilities, 15 years musical composition and lead guitar experience, full home studio with Pro Cubase SX and a full suite of professional software. I have a fully qualified sound engineer who is very interested in the idea for mixdowns and final production.

It will take me a while to get the site together but in the mean time I would like to get a few tracks ready so that they will be available for launch.

If you are interested, here's what you need to do.
1. Reply to this post!
2. Tell me your ideas! I need to know how you guys would like to share ideas and collaborate eg, via messenger, or through forums etc.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who wants to help create something new.

BattleAxe