Online Stores

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
So tired of requiring people to order my products via email, I want to get a page going where I can allow people order my products without me needing to manually send them requests. That way there is also a site that people can go to, which would be easier for people to find.

Problem is, I don't know of any free online stores other than big cartel which they only do band merch and the like.

So what would you guys recommend? It would be nice to have a website with a cart and all of that, but I don't really have the funds, or rather I need to be a little bit more frugal at the moment.

This is a great question and something I am very interested in as well.

If somebody would create a very easy to use website where users could build their own store in like an hour, they would make a shit ton of money. Users could enter their paypal info and that would handle all transactions. Like bandcamp but for general items/services.

As far as I know you can use paypal to do transactions on your own website, each item has a link/button or something. Haven't really explored that option, so don't take my word for it.

As far as I know you can use paypal to do transactions on your own website, each item has a link/button or something. Haven't really explored that option, so don't take my word for it.

That you can do, but like you said you need a website. Facebook used to allow custom coded tabs on pages and you could use paypal buttons used for websites. Unfortunately FB shut that down some time ago and you can only add apps to tabs.

So without a website, I can't really have a merchant checkout via paypal.

Yeah, pay pal has a "buy now" link generator. I have used it before, works good!

there should be quite a few options for wordpress pages out there, there's even a nice shop plugin
for German users (and due to all the limitations and shit in Germany it took forever), there are loads
of shop plugins for most CMS systems.
Just get yourself a real page (if you need help, hit me up, if you don't like me-there are other guys
around here that are good at this shit ;) ) and add your stuff, create a nice custom tab (use short-
stack for this) that looks nice, fits your CD that tells everyone "buy my shit here" with a link to the
shop.

I found a way to get links on Google Sites. Would rather work on some HTML and get a whole site up and running so I can just transfer that to a domain in the near future.

I will have to touch up on my HTML though.