Online Electronics (components) stores?

GuitarHack

Krank it UP!
Sep 3, 2006
Victoria, Australia
I have checked all the Oz stores I can think of. I am having no luck chasing up a diode ofr my 6505. Can anybody list any online sellers of Electronics components (hopefully they can ship to Oz ???)

In case anyone is interested :err:, the diode part number is GP1250 and it sits parallel across the Plate and Ground of 2 of the powertubes. Kind of a safety device to save a tube if the Voltage goes too high.

Anyone?

Thanks. :kickass:

I know Newark will ship to you, but they will probably charge out the ass.

And FYI you can substitute a different diode if you can't find that exact part number....

Cheers Wolfeman. :kickass:

I have been looking for equivalents after studying the original datasheet but I'm having a difficult time finding one with a spec remotley close to the reverse voltage. I am sure that it is not critical to go as high as the original spec since it is a hideous 2.5kV Vrrm :zombie: but how low do I go? :err: My plate voltage is 525V from memory. Maybe I should just aim for around the 600-700V mark. Mine shorted by the way, which originally blew the Mains fuse. I replaced that and when I turned it on the internal 2A power supply fuse blew. Thankfully the 5150 schematic can be found in 5 mins on the web. The tubes aren't shorted with a low-voltage test, we'll see what happens when 500+ volts hits them. :lol: Somehow I must have bumped the impedance switch to 4 ohms and ran my 8 ohm cab. This initially sounds fine (running a 4 ohm cab on a higher setting seems more of a problem, for the tranny at least), but it is a mismatch for the output tranny afterall and I guess it didn't like it. :lol: Bitch of an amp.

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/Datasheet-08/DSA00138509.pdf

Found an equivalent:

http://www.vishay.com/docs/88699/rgp02.pdf

Slightly lower Vrrm = 2kV but all other specs are same-same. Should do the job nicely. Just thought I would post this in case this happens to any of the many 5150/6505 owners here one day. Save them some time hopefully. It is a 31 cent part, I am sure a tech would make some nice money on this type of job.