Onyx Satellite

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
What do you think about this interface, any users here?
Im thinkingk about getting one soon, but I've realized that some of the online stores have sold out or is discontinued... is it still manufactured or is out of catalogue?

Used to have one. Pretty cool unit all in all. Though I found the power supply caused the unit to be pretty noisy, so best to power it via firewire.

Other than that, nice pre's, decent DI inputs, a good selection of ins and outs, and the fact that you can take it away from the dock for location recording is great. Kinda makes me wish I still had it actually, lol.

I checked out those Marcus.
They look nice, it is what I'm looking for, cause it is for home recording purpose, for the rest i've got a friend's studio.
Also M-Audio 410 is enough for me.

The 410 is from the last generation though, and its big brother, the 1814, is known to have all sorts of reliability problems, so I'd go for the Profire 610 myself!

wow, my satillite has been fine this whole time! i was thinking of changing to a firepod soon too anyway. but that's suprising, i didn't know that

I've had some minor issues with the newest driver. But I guess that's because I use the soundcard for all multimedia, not just recording. All-in-all it's a great tool with some nice features for it's price. I especially like the fact that it has multiple monitor and headphone outputs and a separate gain knob for each.

Ah, never knew you had one Ola - I had one for a year, and it was it a great, stable interface for me that gave me no problems, although then mine inexplicably died! :ill: And I'm not the only one, check out this thread:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/533275-mackie-onyx-satellite-dissapointment.html

In short, I gotta say pass - get yourself a Presonus Firebox or maybe an M-Audio Profire 610 if you can swing it!

holy shit, never heard of any trouble. It works fine... for now... :ill:

Just upgraded from the Satellite to a Profire 2626, my Satellite had very bad crosstalk between the inputs and outputs (couldn't reamp) and the preamps were a bit noisy. It did me well for 2 years (my first interface I bought) atleast!

It has an instrument in, so no, you won't need one - but using a good DI will probably sound better! (though not by much, just a bit clearer)