Oops, He Did It Again!!!!!!!

I have never said Alexi is a god or perfet. Of course he's not. And once again, I have no problem accepting real reasons/arguments, but not "I like your older style better now you suck" one. If someone comes here and tells me "Hey Alexi isn't a great singer and nver has been, check people like Phil Anselmo or Jari from Wintersun or (insert good singer here)" I won't say "No OMGAleksi is the fucking best singer ever" nor will I defend him as the best player ever, because he's not any of those. But he's not a shit player or a shit singer either.

No, just that it would be more real. You listen to this song and you know the guy's voice is different because he's really having trouble singing. Just like it's cooler to go to Africa and get a Voodoo guy to visit your studio to sing and play drums for a piece on your album than to just dig up some fake voices with your keyboard.

Somehow, yeah, but I guess there's a limit between painfull and real. But then again that's Alexi's thing, and as long as it sounds good I have nothing to say. Only that you have quite some weird ideas sometimes :lol:

You're always trying to criticize someone when they say something that in any way looks negative towards newer bodom. But I think he was commenting on:

"I would just like to apologize in advance for not being able to move around or sing with my full power"

No. I always criticize when someone comes with the stupid ''Bodom is better'' argument without giving real reasons. Them not making your preferred style anymore doesn't automatically mean they make worse music, jsut that you don't like it as much. I don't mind talking about the differences and even recognising when someone is right, but I need real reasons for that, not only the typical "quit the lame drop C go back to neoclassical and scream, now you suck" argument.

Alexi should consider replacing alcohol with milk... then he probably woudlnt fall from anywhere and even if he did, his bones would be stronger so they wouldnt break.

Ya and if has to have alcohol make him a white russian!!

Who says he was drunk?
Perhaps it was a simple accident, which could happen to anyone.

@snowy: Okay, but for me to be "american" and "cool" has nothing to do with not-that-perfect-english. Using all the "fucks" seems to be a bad habit. ;)

He's drunk 24/7

I think he already drinks White Russians and look Alexi and milk:

l_68256cea0077cdf2e29ac4c44d1aae5c.jpg

^:lol: Roope´s so cool

Found this @ noisecreep.com:

[/B]Children of Bodom Guitarist Breaks Shoulder, Bassist Comments

Filed under: News, Interview 5.07.2009 12:00PM | By: Christina Fuoco-Karasinski
children-of-bodom-200lvg050509.jpg
"Pain killers" are the keys to Alexi Laika getting through his shows with his band Children of Bodom as the guitarist/vocalist recently broke his shoulder getting out of his bunk bed on the tour bus.

"It was a normal night," said bassist Henkka Blacksmith in an interview with Noisecreep. "He was in the bunk. Everybody went to bed and he sleeps in the highest bunk. Then at some point, he just woke up and he was trying to get out of the bunk at the same time the bus a little bit turned. It was bad timing. He fell down on the floor all the way from the bunk. I woke up and I helped him up. He was complaining that his neck hurts a little bit. Then he went back to bed."

A couple days later, Laika sought a doctor's advice, according to Blacksmith.
"It was pretty bad," Blacksmith said. "X-rays showed there's a broken shoulder and internal bleeding. It should take six to four weeks to heal."

In a statement posted on the band's Web site, Laika said he is in intense pain.
"I am going through a great deal of pain every second that I am awake," Laika explained. "However, I can still play the guitar and I will give everything I have to try to finish this tour and play every remaining show!"

Never one to cancel shows, the Finnish metal band decided to carry on. Laika will even forge ahead on the European shows scheduled after Children of Bodom's U.S. tour with Lamb of God ends May 15.

"He can play," Blacksmith said. "The thing is the movement of the arm is OK for playing. It's a little bit painful. I guess. He cannot move like normally. He can't do any tricks, he just has to stand and play. He has to take it easy to get it to heal.

"He just has to take a lot of painkillers I guess. It's a big thing when you start canceling shows. If there's anyway we can do it, we'll do it. I think we've canceled two shows in our career. It would have to be pretty serious to do that."

Laika. Aha.

I don't care about him swinging the guitar around his body and all that. As long as he can shred I'm happy. Get well soon Alexi.

I'll add this to my previous post. Why is it important to be real? If some guitarist dude writes songs about breaking bones, it's just ridiculous if he's never experienced it himself. Just like in the world of rap, you shouldn't be interested in studio rap projects by kids trying to show off and have never lived a bad life. Just like Are You Dead Yet? would be a crappy album title if you didn't know the story behind it, how it was inspired by a true event. Alexi singing his vocals in a song about inner bleeding when he's actually under its influence, is just taking it to the extreme.

I guess, but may be a bit too extreme, or maybe prevent him from doing the best he could. I've never suffered it nor am I singer, but I guess that you can't do your best when you're in hard pain and taking painkillers 24/7.

D= what is it w/ alexi and his bones?! i feel so sorry for him... it must've taken alot of strength to continue playing those shows =( lol i broke my hand a few weeks ago.. cant be anything compared to a broken shoulder, i cant even imagine the pain he's going through =/