Open Minded Thread - Not for Metalized....!!

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
What bands are you all into that aren't 'classed' as metal??

For me:

THE TEA PARTY - are awesome. I love all the middle-eastern riffing and strange instruments. (...plus, i'm seeing them live in february... :D )

DAYS OF THE NEW - 'Days of the new I' is a great CD, travis is amazingly good on the guitar, and his voice is one of a kind.

METALLICA - ...There's actually some really good material off Load and Reload, but you have to get over the fact that it is Metallica playing... The outlaw torn is great. (i have no respect for Kirk Hamhead tho, i HATE pentachronic-wah solos!)

cdisc.gif
Nile - Beneath Eternal Oceans Of Sand (...just to totally condradict this thread. :D ...By the way, the acoustic sections in this song are awesome. I hate the heavy parts tho, WAAAY to much hammer-drumming and 'Ahhhhhrrrrggg' - vocals. 'Beneath Eternal Oceans Of Sand has to be one of the best song titles ever invented too...

Oooohh... this 'now playing' thing is getting WAAAAY too long. Anyone care for a competition?? ...On who can have the longes 'Now playing' thing...??

oh yes...the best metallica song is "aint my bitch" .....
why dont kirks soloing? annoying wah solos are great!

yeah, metal sucks, metallica wouldnt to make music "much more intelligent" than metal. maybe nevermore will "move forward" on the new album and the album can soft like a roll of charmin.

yeah, metal sucks, metallica wouldnt to make music "much more intelligent" than metal. maybe nevermore will "move forward" on the new album and the album can soft like a roll of charmin.

:lol:

oh yes...the best metallica song is "aint my bitch" .....

...Did i say that i even like the fucking song?? Dickhead..!!

I distinctly remember saying 'The outlaw torn is great', but would you be kind enough to point out to me where i said 'Aint my bitch is a great song!!!'????

Dick - Head. Dickhead. Dick. Head. Dick, Head.

Ahh!! that's another one.

I have all of Bon Jovi's albums up to 'These Days'. His old stuff is awesome.

I'm a big Bruce Springsteen fan too. 'THE RIVER' is great. Nice and depressing

ummm i'm into LOTS of non metal stuff...actually not "into" most of them,but I like them and would like to explore them better in the years to come...

first of all,i love aint my bitch-song with great energy for pure fun.

the tea party,beatles,loreena mckennitt,bon jovi(and other poser bands),guns n roses,Johnny Cash,an unknown folk band from greece called emerald,rush,led zep,chuck berry,i also like some old pop songs,disco etc,boney m,abba and there's much more i cant recall right now
YES I AM FALSE I MUST BURN IN HELL:loco:

There's way too many non-metal bands to name. My taste is pretty broad. I've got a lot of 60/70's vinyl, not just classic rock but other stuff including disco/funk/soul, 80's new wave, some techno/ambient stuff, brit-pop. Basically, if it's good, I'll listen to it, whether it's metal or not. And yes, The Tea Party are great.

Is there anyone who can seriously say they listen to NOTHING but metal?

One needs a change of tunes once in a while...

Stevie Ray Vaughan, Allman Brothers, new metallica, pink floyd, Steve Vai, Jason Becker, etc
i'll listen to anything with good guitar, blues, jazz, classical...all that stuff is good

I like classical...That's why I love the bands that have a symphonic sound. But seriously, classical is nice to listen to once in a while. It gives my poor eardrums a much needed rest.:loco:

i like some pretty gay songs. not whole albums, just some songs by really gay artists like: POD, crazytown, britney spears, pink, that one my pals who did a song with sade,
mudvayne, etc.

i also like a whole bunch of gya 80s pop songs.

anyone heard the new metallica demos? WEAK!

I like a lot of everything, well, just a lot, cause i hate waht we in the USA call southern rock,,example....lynard skynad, and Allman bro's, and i hate Stevie Ray V too (sorry Poison God Machine), I hat ALL southern rock.

I like Blondie, the bee gee's
Bowie
G-n-R
The Rolling Stones
Mick(solo)
Beatles
doors
CS&N(crosby Stills and Nash)
The who
Teh guess WHoo
Van Morrison
WAR
hehe,,KC and teh SUnshine Band
Jethro Tull*****************
Stone Temple Pilots
Misfits
JOurny
Rick Derringer
Teh Kinks
ELO
Pink Floyd
Johnny Cash
Kris Kristopherson
WIlly Nelson
The Police
Sting
Tears for Fears
Joan Jett
Kim Karns
Emerson Lake and Palmer
YES
Cindarella
Hot Chocolate
Duran Duran
ETC

there is a whole lot more i like too.

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Hey mark ban them all from UM. They dont deserve to be here!!

Originally posted by ledmag
I like a lot of everything, well, just a lot, cause i hate waht we in the USA call southern rock,,example....lynard skynad, and Allman bro's, and i hate Stevie Ray V too (sorry Poison God Machine), I hat ALL southern rock.

heh no problem, this is the open minded thread remember, SRV has been a big influence on my guitar playing though, and on me picking up the guitar

you listed some good ones i forgot about, the doors, jethro tull, the who, the guess who, crosby stills nash and young, etc