Open-minded?

I like a lot of those already mentioned, especially Tori Amos, Tenhi and Jeff Buckley. Then there's classical music which I absolutely adore but is a little hard to explore since there's so much and I don't know the pieces by name. I still have a large collection though. Oh, I also really really love musicals.

Lethe78 said:
You fukin rule!!!! Pink Floyd owns, and I saw Tull twice!!!
Classical also rulez!! Esp. Beethoven and Rachmaninof piano sonatas and such.

Also, Live, Tristania, OPETH!!!!!!, Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork, (Gabrial days) Genesis, Novembre, Savatage, Megadeth, Lynyrd Skynyrd. Tons of music aside from rap and country.
Thanks.

Lynyrd Skynyrd? That's awesome. Novembre, Opeth, Tristania, DT, Soilwork...you have a great taste in music, yourself. ;)

@Phyre- Thanks. I will look for it. It seems interesting.

@Mariner- I like a lot of the artists you mentionned (esp Antimatter, Portishead, Massive Attack, Alanis Morissette). In fact, the oly one I really hate is RADIOHEAD. I don't know why. My best friend and my record seller are big fans of this band and I tried to listen to their albums but I still think it stinks. :puke:

I made a lot of effort though... :D

I forgot to mention a band I really like: IN THE WOODS! I've just been informed that they've just released a live album! You know what? I'm happy!!! :headbang:

metal metal and metal. gothic, death and doom.
I can listen to other cinds of music, but i can never love any other form of music.
Pink Floyd has although done some good works over the years, but they are the only one.
I hate pop and similar things, but not the people that listen to it. They are but misguided fools, needing only a push to get to a better world! :saint:

I guess I'm open minded.... Here are some random bands that I listen to outside of metal...

Slipknot, Staind, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Cold, U2, Van Halen, Bach, Beethoven, Tchaicovsky (I know I butchered that name..), Madonna, Linkin Park, AFI, Misfits, Finch, Rufio, Thrice, Hatebreed, SOAD, The Used, Avril Lavigne, Ulver (newer stuff), 30 Seconds To Mars, Silverchair, Christina Augilara (hey, shes got a great voice...), Matthew Good Band, Live, Evanesence, Goo Goo Dolls, Foo Fighters, Thou Shalt Suffer, The Cure, Jeff Buckley, The 3rd And The Mortal, Static X, Red House Painters, Prodigy, POD, Orgy, Korn, No Doubt, Michelle Branch, KMFDM...

I think that about sums it up. But I primarily listen to metal...probably about 90% of the time.

She does not only have a great voice!!!! :D

Funny... I would have labeled a lot of the bands you mentionned (Slipknot (the greatest "musical" shit I've ever heard), Evanescence, Korn, SOAD,...) as metal...

Sounds Of Decay said:
I guess I'm open minded.... Here are some random bands that I listen to outside of metal...

Christina Augilara (hey, shes got a great voice...)

this is a good one..... if we are open-minded.
I have noticed that if a band does a style-change, the whole world falls over it. Like with Amorphis, The Gathering, Paradise Lost, Katatonia (maybe there are more bands). People do not like changes and the band who does it, will getting know that after the change. The fans hook off and spreading negative word about them (also the press, and apparently pple listen to them and follow them). The snowball-effect has been bored.

But let we be honest, they are still making good music, only not more in the metal-death/doommetal-scene, more in rock/triprock which is very melodieus. And I am pretty sure that (some) pple also still like them, but do not dare to say that, 'cause their reputation will be going down (or whatever it could be happen) ....... i am talking in general btw .......

Anyway, I still like these bands The Gathering, Amorphis, Paradise Lost and ofcourse Katatonia. Also like Porcupine Tree, Kamelot, Faithless, Lamb, Chemical Brothers, Ulver, some DJ's in the dance-scene like Lady Aïda, Muse, PJ Harvey, Heather Nova, Placebo, Queens of the Stone Age, Masters of Reality, Evergrey, Moonsorrow, Rapture, Dead Soul Tribe, Ayreon, Masterplan, My Dying Bride, The Provenance, Soundgarden, Life of Agony, Faith No More and many many many more bands

Yeap, I agree with you, Loreley...and I think the most important thing is not that whether they play gothic, hard rock, metal of whatever: the most important is that you can sit in September at your terrace before sun-rising, take your hot coffee and put "Disposession" on...Those are the moments it's worth living for...

Well, what I love in Katatonia's music is that you can't say whether they are gothic, hard rock or whatever...the best thing is that you can sit on your terrace before sun-rise, take your hot coffee and put on "Disposession"...these are the moments it's worth living for :)

OH YEAH TENHI Blows me :hotjump:

the whole Kauan album kicks mayor *ss

for the new one , really have some mp3 and the track Vilja is 10/10

other bands I listen not really metal: the gathering, antimatter, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath (Ozzy era), Liv Kristine, some genesis, and some latin stuff :ill: