Trip-Hop-like recommendations

i'd think Lamb is totally not downtempo! maybe moreso on their first record, but i love Fear of Fours SO much more. everything is way more varied- the writing on that record is awesome, and the cohesion is great; i can listen to it straight through a couple times in a row and not get bored. What Sound is good too, but i don't find it as captivating as FoF.

the downtempo stuff like kruder and dorfmeister (sp?) and their projects (peace orchestra, tosca) are okay, but generally have little vocals. the morcheeba stuff is okay, but i only have their first one- i think they got better over the yrs. i say go with any of Lamb's albums.

i'd stay away from the first sneaker pimps record- highly polished crap, and the songs are boring. the subsequent sneaker pimps stuff (without the candy pop girl singer) is much better, but not really trip hop; better songs imo.

maybe on the first record, but i though fear of fours and what sound pushed them way past that. the tempos are much more varied on those two. i may be biased since their first record is the one i've had the shortest time, so i'm more used to the 2nd two...

at times, i can def see that, but not as much on the last 2 records imo.

edit: you said drum/bass tracks, which yes i agree. just limiting their material to downtempo i don't agree w/. just to be anal.