Opeth #1 in the Dominican Republic

thrashmina

New Metal Member
Dec 30, 2005
England
Ghost Reveries reached #1 and Opeth was crowned BAND OF THE YEAR 2005 as voted by all the metalheads in my home country. The results of this poll will be made public on January the 7th 2006.
Most people in Europe think of the Dominican Republic only as a tourist destination, but that could not be further from the truth.
In fact, you might not know this but there is a large fraction oof the young and not so young population thereabouts who is keen on metal music, and all the varieties within the broad spectrum of the genre.
Opeth, as it were, could not be classed into any formerly known trend of metal music, so it was classified by my folks as a metal class of its own: Opeth-metal.
We speak spanish at home but if you are interested, browse through one of the the main local metal-chart sites, check it up: is called Avanzada Metallica.

www.avanzadametallica.net

For info in english about the site:
http://www.bravewords.com/news/36462

I will suggest to the guys to open a thread in english for non-spanish speakers.

Well, that is all for me by now.

Keep it up metalheads!

Namaerie

In my home country Opeth is practically unheard of...
Around here we have chart toppers like Usher with his 5x Platinum albums. Theres no such thing with a list with Opeth on it around here.

TOP 10 INTERNATIONAL METAL (DOMINICAN REPUBLIC)

#1 OPETH
"Ghost of Perdition"
Ghost Reveries
Roadrunner Records
(2005)

#2 SOILWORK
"Stabbing the Drama"
Stabbing the Drama
Nuclear Blast
(2005)

#3 KREATOR
"Impossible Brutality"
Enemy of God
Nippon Crown
(2005)

#4 ROADRUNNER UNITED
"The End"
The All Star Session
Roadrunner Records
(2005)

#5 BRUCE DICKINSON
"Abduction"
Tyranny of Souls
Mayan Records
(2005)

#6 DARK TRANQUILLITY
"Lost to Apathy"
Character
Century Media
(2005)

#7 KAMELOT
"March of Mephisto"
The Black Halo
Steamhammer Records
(2005)

#8 NEVERMORE
"The Final Product"
This Godless Endeavor
Century Media
(2005)

#9 SYSTEM OF A DOWN
"BYOB"
Mesmerize
American Records
(2005)

#10 TRIVIUM
"Pull Harder on the Strings.."
Ascendency
Roadrunner Records
(2005)

"Ghost Reveries" reached #1 and Opeth was crowned BAND OF THE YEAR 2005 as voted by all the metalheads in Dominican Republic.
More results of TOP 50 INTERNATIONAL METAL of this poll will be made public on January the 7th 2006 from www.avanzadametallica.net

La Avanzada Metallica airs every Saturday from 9:00 PM to midnight (UTC/GMT -04:00) through 95.7 FM La Nota Diferente local radio station. The radio show is also webcast, for the enjoyment of international listeners.

Check the Dominican Latin metal web: www.avanzadametallica.net or Avanzadametallica forum: http://avanzadametallica.widecode.org/index.php
for more info.