Is Opeth they only metal group 4 u?

given how shitty pretty much everything thats mainstream and 'metal' is its hard to really blame people for judging you negatively if you claim to like metal...sure they're being ignorant but its at least understandable. thats why i dont tell people other than those i know will hear me out that i listen to metal! thankfully it doesnt make up more than like 5-10% of what i listen to so its ok!

never felt compelled to deny my taste in music though sometimes its annoying to explain to people over and over again that even a black woman like me can love metal and dislike rap and hiphop.
and yeah, it started with Kiss, Motorhead and Iron Maiden when I was 8... scared enough?

Anyway, my point is, stop hiding in a shadow and come out and say it out loud if you like metal. Even people who get into metal through opeth do NOT stop there. You cannot be on this message board and not like metal 'as much as the other genres'.

This is a joke! I really have nothing against metal, I just don't love listening. I've listened to a lot of bands and none really does it for me, and here comes Opeth, who are so unique. I just love them, I love them so much that their metal sound isn't a problem for me to listen to them, in matter of fact I love it. Its easy for a metal lover to appreciate them cause he likes Metal, but for me who I have no great respect for metal music is a breakthrough. I don't know if made myself clear here. Anyways!

Aarohi - Let's face it, people are scared of saying they listen to metal because it isn't a socially acceptable form of music. They don't have the balls to say they like it because they know they will be scolded and they can't hack it. That having been said, it's fine by me that these people are wimping out - we don't need them representing our genre to the others.

And what does this have to do with me? *F* sociaty and narrow minds.

Whoever coined the phrase "metalhead" should be beaten with a lead pipe and left to bleed in the moonlight. I hate that term. I enjoy music that connects to me in a emotional and artistic sense. Opeth fits that for me. As do many other metal bands and non-metal musicians.

I did, I thought since Mike refers to his audience and himself as "Metalheads" (not in a bad way) you people wouldn't mind. For gods sake, the question is so simple, everybody is taking it so personal and offensive and goes beyond topic!
Mayebe its because mt english is so bad and wasn't clear but... "Is Opeth the only metal group 4 u?" should sound like a clear question.

Hell no! well hate to break it to you they are a metal band but by far not the best.-ken
Well its is for me! I'm not into metal and never was. Opeth is on top of the list and thats because they are beyond metal. The only thing that tags them as a metal band is the brutality of their sound.

I was wondering if other people here feel the same way or they are just metalheads.

to answer your question, Albatros: no, Opeth isn't the only metalband I listen to but hell ya, they are the ones I truly do love right now!!!
I've got music from Ozzy to Megadeath, Arch Enemy to Dream Theater, but these last 3 weeks I'm listening only to Opeth, Arch Enemy, Death, Pro-Pain and classical stuff untill I'm fed up and start listening to another band or music. maybe even .... Justin Timberlake LOL

People who started with metal so early have a lot of respect from me:D if I get a kid I shall learn it to lissen to metal in an early age:D by a opeth cd to the child when it gets the name:D yeah;) :lol:
Of course opeth is not the ONLY metal gruop for me, but it is one of them i love the most. I love them, and yeah they don't really have to play metal to be the best<3 pople just have to understand other here, who cares if you lilssen to other metal than opeth, you are not an idiot 'cause of that:p but everybody hanging on this side love metal, and of course OPETH<3 so, if you're a metal head or not, dont mind, some like be called a metalhead some hates it:p thats the world mate;) Personal, is I said before, I dont fucking care if a person calles me metalhead, if its not one of my closest friends. for me their meaning count a bit, but still I actually do care what other says of me, of course I do, who dosent? but I dont let they change me, or decide what kind of person I should be
(sorry my really poor english, but i suck in english:p )
so everyone means different, but one thing we agree on all of us:D Opeth is a awsome good band and we love it<3

Opeth is the only metal i listen to. Only band i listen to. Fuck all other bands fuck all other music. OPETH OPETH OPETH!!!!!

LOL shit thread... NO Opeth is not the only metal group for me

given how shitty pretty much everything thats mainstream and 'metal' is its hard to really blame people for judging you negatively if you claim to like metal...sure they're being ignorant but its at least understandable. thats why i dont tell people other than those i know will hear me out that i listen to metal! thankfully it doesnt make up more than like 5-10% of what i listen to so its ok!

When i'm in the mood for some intelligent, groundbreaking music, i'll definetely blast some RIL0 KIL3Y in my stere0