Opeth Album names...

Chaostar

Jul 15, 2002
Lille, France
vs-webzine.com
I read somewhere on this forum (don't remember where exactly) that Opeth choose their album titles from songs of other bands they like...
Is this true or not ?

Probably this (stupid) question was already asked, I'm sorry about that, but I'm curious :rolleyes:

my arms your hearse is taken from the lyrics written by an old\obscure 70's prog rock band called comus. the title of the song is "drip drip", and the album is "first utterance".

Originally posted by svenske kocken
Yes, they do. Orchid is a Black Sabbath song. Morningrise and My Arms, Your Hearse - don´t remember. Still Life is of course from the Iron Maiden song from the Piece Of Mind album. And Blackwater Park is an old german progrock band.

Ah ok... thank you !!

It's a nice idea :)
I only found out where did 'still life' come :D

I think Still Life (and I suppose the new ones) is the only one that wasn't named after anything.

Yeah, I know ther's a lot of stuff called Still Life. But it wasn't NAMED after anything specific as far as I know.

Hondo.. there's a radio interview in swedish lying around in mp3 with Opeth talking about album name origins. So the Iron Maiden and Van der Graaf origins are correct.