Still Life out of production?

while its not been in abundance in stores ive been to in NZ ive always found theres a copy of it at a few stores round not that uncommon, and the vinyl i got still life on vinyl a while ago, its beautiful :cool:

Still Life is the one that is ALWAYS in stock here ... but yeah, the digipack of course .. I think the normal first release is out of print for a long time already, but they must have re-released it as a digipack (like lots of other bands often do) and this one is always available here ...
it probably has to do with distribution ... Mikael often said they signed with roadrunner so their new album would finally be available everywhere.

around here, damnation, deliverance, and ghost reveries are the only ones that i always find in stores. i found orchid in a best buy near me...havent seen a copy there since...and the original version of blackwater park...

i had to order morningrise-blackwater park online(i wanted the bonus tracks :lol: )

Real Groovy in Auckland (NZ) often has all of their albums in stock. Not particularly hard to find any Opeth. I have the original jewel case version of Still Life. I prefer it, the digipak spine is so bright. Didn't look right for Opeth imo

Actually, one of the tower records here in San Francisco...near Chinatown, still has about three copies of BlackWater Park left. One special edition, I bought a special edition from their quite awhile ago. They had orchird, damnation, morningrise, BWP, MAYH, and Ghost Reveries.

Online is always the sollution if you can't find it at a store.

It also depends on your area and commmunity. If you live in an area full of prog lovers, and metal lovers in general, then it'll definately be harder to find and Opeth album. However, if you live in an area full of hip-hop fans, your bound to find an Opeth album. And it's probably the one your looking for....

I found Morningrise, Blackwater Park, Damnation, Deliverance, Ghost Reveries and Orchid in my area. The only one I had to specially order was My Arms, Your Hearse and Still Life.

I even managed to find their Digipak Edition of Lamentations.

Man In Black said:
My friend (who is Canadian) saw it at HMV today.
AND SHE DIDN'T FUCKING BUY IT.
I bought it in a store too, and I'm from Canada. Hopefully, here in montreal we have Freesonrock :headbang: (It is a store specialized in metal/rock imports and you can find nearly everything in metal there)

A Reason To Sing said:
It also depends on your area and commmunity. If you live in an area full of prog lovers, and metal lovers in general, then it'll definately be harder to find and Opeth album. However, if you live in an area full of hip-hop fans, your bound to find an Opeth album. And it's probably the one your looking for....

well, i live in an area full of rap and country fans...and a ton of scene kids who only listen to metalcore and post-hardcore...and mostly only christian variants of the two...and like said, there are usually only those 3 albums (if not ONLY GR)...probably because there are too many damn rap and country fans :yell:

Black Session said:
Mikael often said they signed with roadrunner so their new album would finally be available everywhere.

See, this is something I wonder about. I really hope this wasn't the deciding factor in signing with RR (thought I'm pretty sure it wasn't). With the internet being the massive marketplace that it is, record store distribution is nowhere NEAR as important as it used to be. Hell, the only reason I even buy CDs locally is because I have a pretty good discount at this place nearby (friends with the manager :) ). If not for that, I would buy all my CDs online. It's just cheaper that way - plus I can usually listen to the tracks before I buy.

i saw it at HMV a while ago... before christmas... i got it for my friend who hadnt heard much Opeth but still loved them... ive seen damnation, deliverance and Still Life a lot at the HMV in mtl near me(fairview). Yeah... p much they carry it.. never seen morningrise, MAYH, or orchid though

I saw a used copy of it in Newbury Comics the other day in Harvard Square, Cambridge Mass. , Better grab it on my next visit.

They had every album in stock besides that.

you shouldve tried to get it online (if possible) its new...and cheaper.....

but then, not everyone can get it online, and not everyone wants to...so meh.

Necromantic-Hiko said:
you shouldve tried to get it online (if possible) its new...and cheaper.....

but then, not everyone can get it online, and not everyone wants to...so meh.

Nope, I crave the thrill of the hunt!