Still Life sound question

Horseman: I think that's the whole idea :). lol.

I never seem to hear these mistakes despite listening intently to Still Life on my headphones. I mean this is unless im actively looking for them. Glad for it too, knowing how some of those screw-ups can ruin the atmosphere.

Well I mean that it would be worse if it was remastered. :)

The mixing gone wrong thing in Still Life sounds a little weird,but it doesn't ruin the listening experience or anything.

Man I reckon they could really do Morningrise alot more justice if they recorded it again. It's just the fact that the band don't seem to be too interested in that era of their music anymore though... especially Mikael who's expressed his disdain for the writing style of Orchid and Morningrise alot of times.

I could imagine Morningrise mixed with those subtle production touches of Damnation could be an even more beautiful album. And I mean anything could beat the recording tone of plugging a Jackson through a Metalzone... they could really do the riffs and arrangements alot more justice with a remaster. But that's just my opinion.

ggggggu said:
People who don't have a clue what the original post is about_:
chaveta
[KOTNO]Narrot
scorpian007
StillLife
ChrisEmerson
x_OPETH_x

A hint to the above mentioned:
Listen to Still Life with your headphones.
i know what it was about, but people were complaining about the ending in spd, so i had to correct them

I think that we are all forgetting that ggggggu is absolutely amazing. he is always right.

i have never really let that problem bug me. i think that the production of still life is 2934892832938 times better than that of morningrise and orchid. they are just way to dry. dry can be good, but their guitars are way too piercing and the vocals sound like they are being recorded on a radioshack mic. mayh is good but muddy (guitars don't cut through very well). black water park is a masterpiece, and deliverance sounds a bit "overproduced"...it sounds a bit too "tight". but, at the same time there is some really cool studio stuff done on deliverance (such as the vocal effects, and the drum production)...oh fuck, i will just shut up and stop being so damn picky.

is it just me, or am i starting to sound a but like ggggggu?