Still Life concept DVD. Think its possible?

Jester-Race

Nov 8, 2006
Kansas.
Considering it's a concept album, I wonder who would be good enough artists to accomplish such a feat, but after reading the wiki story of Still Life, makes me wish for a 5.1 stereo mix of still life music video dvd with great dark animation of some sort. etc.

I can dream, right?

I see exactly what you're saying. I think it would be cool to have it be very trippy and animated but in an odd sort of way (I don't have the words to express my idea), with a brown/black/dark red tinge throughout. I think with the creativity of people coupled with great technology, this is absolutely possible. It may be hard to pull it off for such a long album though.

And if it does well maybe the creators would do My Arms, Your Hearse. Ha, it's fun dreaming about this stuff.

Perhaps a graphic novel may be more fitting. Illustrated by David Mckean, he could capture the story very well. Here's some of his work.

mckean_dave1.jpg

FOUR_SECONDS.jpg

still life music video dvd with great dark animation of some sort. etc.

That thought also crossed my mind recently. However, I would prefer to have sort of one music video for the whole album rather then some other suggestions here. And I wouldn't want it to be animated. I'ld rather have real actors.

If it would be a real movie instead of a music video someone would have to flesh out the story and it would be necessary to cut down on the music, most notably on the singing and the growls. While it still might be interesting what would come of that it would narrow the room for interpretation and would be a bigger step away from the original. Same applies for a comic book, with the music completely removed.