Still Life 5.1 Tracks

Hellequin

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2008
I know this topic has been written about like 7 million times... but I have a new question.

How much money do you think i would have to offer Opeth, or their manager, or RR to buy all the INDIVIDUAL tracks for Still Life? I really do like the SL 5.1 mix that just came out, in fact I listen to it almost every night, but I think that I could make a SICK mix. The tacks would just be for personal use and would sign a non-release agreement or what ever. But what do you think $500, $1000, $5000?

I wonder if RR would consider releasing the MAYH tracks and make like a competition out of making a 5.1 mix. You know everyone can submit them and they choose the best one for release.

Like many of you, Opeth are a major part of my life (I listen to atleast 4 albums a day at work, currently SL) and a 5.1 mix at night while I'm reading or going to sleep. I think it would be really really cool to have those tracks and really spend some serious time making a new mix.

I'm interested in what you all think...

If they handed the tracks to people just like that, there would suddenly be dozens of different mixes going all over the internet.

Don't think they would want that to happen.

I think you've got some good points in what you'd like to do with the music, i mean, there are times when i listen to MAYH and say "please, somebody re-mix this!" but i dont think that RR will sell you the tracks. unless you're rich...and if so, please give me some money.

I know that NIN has done that with Ghosts I-IV, but they're a band that is in a genre more geared towards re-mixes. So re-mixed that entirely new songs are created. Trent seems cool with that, but you do pay a premium to get the opportunity to try it.