Opeth album sales

Annihilat0r

TRINITY WATCH IN AMAZING!
Jan 14, 2007
South of Heaven
While I was browsing Wikipedia I read that Watershed had entered the Billboard 200 at number #23. That really shocked me as, for example In Flames who have been selling out since forever could only reach #28 with their latest shitfest called A Sense of Purpose.

Do any of you know of Opeth's album sales numbers and their comparison to other famous metal bands? If the numbers above are correct, maybe all is not lost with humanity.

Yeah, I knew that they got to 23, don't know how many copy's of Watershed they actually sold though. Would be interesting to know though.

You know I think it would be cool if someone from the forum got to interview Opeth. I mean we all have loads of questions we want to ask them. Mr. S you should see about it and then we can all come up with some questions to ask or they could come on the board and we could post a question and they can answer it.

You know I think it would be cool if someone from the forum got to interview Opeth. I mean we all have loads of questions we want to ask them. Mr. S you should see about it and then we can all come up with some questions to ask or they could come on the board and we could post a question and they can answer it.

That's actually not a bad idea. Amon Amarth did something like that on their forum.

I also wonder how much money they earn from the album sales, and from gigs and such... Most Opeth gigs (here at least) cost around 10-15 Euros, and 1000 to 2000 people attend so that makes around 20.000 Euros per show, whatever portion of it is left to the members I don't know, and it gets divided by 5... maybe Mike gets more than the other guys, though :D

I think we could do it, but I don't think Mike has the time (or wants) to answer everything. It's worth the try though.

I know one super touchy question he would get mad at and wouldn't answer:

- If you had to choose only one, which one would it be?

a. Your wife
b. Opeth

If it was "a. Your children" the answer would be obviously a, but the wife thing quite stirs it up :D

I think he would preffer his wife and working at Walmart over having Opeth but not his wife.