Opeth and Paradise Lost in the UK.

Pethical said:
i require immediate post-gig setlists to be posted here plz. :)

i posted a thread for everyone to put the setlists in, but it looks like it's slowly sinking to the second page of the forum. oh well, as long as someone posts the setlists and other info!!!!!

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
They just had the electric proms there and was filmed for the bbc. Kasabian, the who, raconteurs, magic numbers all with london symphony orchestra...it was pretty cool.

from looking at the pictures the place looks unreal. it's juts completley surrounded by glass? or am i dumb and cant tell.

Lothlorien said:
from looking at the pictures the place looks unreal. it's juts completley surrounded by glass? or am i dumb and cant tell.

I dont think so, i couldn't really tell as i couldn't get tickets for the electric proms and had to watch it on the tv. I guess i'll find out next week. :)

Could anyone recomend me any paradise lost albums> I've never heard them before so i have no clue what to expect at the gig!

I'm seeing them this sunday at Portsmouth before the london gig, so I can submit that set list before next week thursday. I don't imagine the songs and song order to deviate too much from that, although it could do?

I'm going to the Portsmouth one too, and I am having a struggle with my conscience about whether to overspend and go to the Roundhouse one as well :erk: I have an intuition that it might be an exceptional show...

Heckelgruber said:
I'm going to the Portsmouth one too, and I am having a struggle with my conscience about whether to overspend and go to the Roundhouse one as well :erk: I have an intuition that it might be an exceptional show...

isn't it sold out now though?

BlasphemousGirl said:
Could anyone recomend me any paradise lost albums> I've never heard them before so i have no clue what to expect at the gig!

I wouldn't bother with any of them, tbpf. The good stuff they did (way back when) hasn't aged very well and the new stuff is a bit meh. It has some merit, i bought "one second" and liked it for about 5 spins and then it got boring really quickly.

think sisters of mercy, depeche mode, some heavy guitars and james hetfield on vocals.

its "ok" but really nothing special.

I think that is a little harsh...

If you want a decent mid-period introduction for PL before they experimented too much, go for "Draconian Times". It is a world away from the early innovative stuff (unbelievably influential along with Anathema and My Dying Bride) and so far from some of the goth tinged experimentalism.

I have only given the latest (self-titled) album a few spins so far, but it is a more mid-period classic PL sound.

Well I shall certainly be at the london show on the 9th. The roundhouse is an awesome venue! It'll be very cool i think.

x

has anyone seen opeth live i brought there last cd and thought it was amazing they play locally at Birmingham this week but im off to see Motorhead this week 2 gigs in 2 nights

Are you going to see Motorhead twice or one night to see Opeth?

If you think Opeth's last CD was amazing, go see em live and come back here and tell us what you think. :lol:

Motorhead are OK :Smug: , Opeth are somewhat better, talkin BIG margins here. :D

Portsmouth setlist..possibly not in order:

Ghost of Perdition
When
Night and The Silent Water
Face of Melinda
Windowpane
Bleak
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park

Encore: Deliverance

That Portsmouth setlist in order:

Ghost of Perdition
When
Bleak
Face of Melinda
Night and The Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
Windowpane
Blackwater Park

Encore: Deliverance

Really enjoyed the performance but got the feeling that the band didn't get much from the audience. It seemed like Mikael was getting heckled a little bit between songs and a lot of people obviously didn't know the songs because they started applauding when they went to a quiet bit. Just my impressions, I could be wrong.

Hearing BWP live was great. Paradise Lost felt a bit flat and lifeless but were not bad for a support act.