Opeth and Paradise Lost in the UK.

I met Martin Mendez, man he's small. He signed my ticket. woot. Him and Mike were standing outside having a smoke after the gig. It was class.

Paradise Lost were a disapointment... I hadn't heard them before.

The setlist was awesome. But I would have preffered if they had chosen some different songs, seen as how they played half of those songs on Monday when they played ths time last year...

Contrary to what someone said above me^... For a change the Glasgow crowd sucked. Mike even said "You're really quiet"... he said that twice!

~Stoo...

Nottingham setlist exactly the same. It was awesome :D So much fun.

Was no 1 in the queue again, same as last year... heh. Such a gay fan boy :p

I really enjoyed the Paradise Lost songs I knew (stuff off One Second & Draconian Times, and Isolate), and the rest wasn't bad either.

Still, Opeth wiped the floor with them, even though they weren't at the best I've ever seen them play.. noticed quite a few mistakes, more than normal. Here's hoping they sort it out for the DVD!

What have the set times been so far this tour? Guessing PL cant come on any later than 7.45, but the doors open at Manchester at 7.30, not giving much time to get in.

Need to know how early I need to queue!

Cheers

Nottingham setlist exactly the same. It was awesome :D So much fun.

Was no 1 in the queue again, same as last year... heh. Such a gay fan boy :p

I really enjoyed the Paradise Lost songs I knew (stuff off One Second & Draconian Times, and Isolate), and the rest wasn't bad either.

Still, Opeth wiped the floor with them, even though they weren't at the best I've ever seen them play.. noticed quite a few mistakes, more than normal. Here's hoping they sort it out for the DVD!

mistakes were more like blips than glaring errors tho. Thats a live performance for you.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had never seen either before, but been a fan for 8+ years (of both).
Judging by the other posts, pretty much the same stuff + set list happened in Nottingham, (including deliverance encore!!) except MA introduced himself as Barry Jones, or something, and i didn;t catch the drummers' name (just heard him call him Legolas hehe).
Did you notice, some songs had slightly different arrangement (more complicated) than on the albums??
I'd just like to say how much more than a mere gig this became, the moment Opeth set sails!! Incredible, who was there knows what im on about.
Get in touch.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had never seen either before, but been a fan for 8+ years (of both).
Judging by the other posts, pretty much the same stuff + set list happened in Nottingham, (including deliverance encore!!) except MA introduced himself as Barry Jones, or something, and i didn;t catch the drummers' name (just heard him call him Legolas hehe).
Did you notice, some songs had slightly different arrangement (more complicated) than on the albums??
I'd just like to say how much more than a mere gig this became, the moment Opeth set sails!! Incredible, who was there knows what im on about.
Get in touch.

Mike said he was Howard Jones.
I swear i blew my load in my jeans during the end part of BWP.

BWP was my highlight among many. One of my favourite Opeth songs anyway, and the performance was extremely good.

I was surprised how well Bleak worked live considering it requires so many layers of guitars. Had one of the biggest responses from the crowd i thought.
Where were you? I was perched up on those boxes to the right (as you look at it) of the stage, by the stairs....what a great view.
Mendez was brilliant to watch.

Another quote from Portsmouth show:

MA "this as you know is the sign of the Devil",
but like multiple times hahaha...

What a stylish procrastinator :worship:

they were fucking amazing at portsmouth, that was my first ever opeth gig and right now all i want is to go to the roundhouse one! damn being a skint student.

"This... is the sign of the devil. Let me hear a hail satan!"
"HAIL SATAN!!"
"Yeah... it is a bit silly, isn't it..."

the man is a fucking genius.
I'm sorry if i spoiled anyone else's evening with my shrieks of joy :oops: ah when the note at the beginning of blackwater park started up i could hardly contain myself

big thankyou to the opeth boys for being completely fucking fabulous.

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
I was surprised how well Bleak worked live considering it requires so many layers of guitars. Had one of the biggest responses from the crowd i thought.
Where were you? I was perched up on those boxes to the right (as you look at it) of the stage, by the stairs....what a great view.
Mendez was brilliant to watch.

I was at the Portsmouth one, kind of in the middle half way back dodging teenage emoknob moshers with my Opeth-sceptic wife. I'm going to the Roundhouse one too. Portsmouth was all a flat room and the sound was pretty good.

teenage emoknob moshers with my Opeth-sceptic wife.

You probably mistook me for an emoknob mosher, because I saw a guy holding a girl, and the girl looked totally uninterested.

I'm sorry for my friends being fucktarded and pushing me.

EDIT: I think I was only nearly you during Paradise Lost. For Opeth I was right at the barrier to the left of Peter.

^ Hello! Could have been us. To be fair to the Opeth-sceptic wife, she isn't keen on the albums but really appreciated the show. I think we were more to the side during the PL set, looking for beer.

Didn't someone ask Mikael if he was wearing a codpiece or something as well last night? Bizarre. Fun gig, crowd was right into it, and the setlist was fairly good as well. I'm glad I went after not bothering with last year's.

I'll be going to the london gig tomorrow, and would like to know at about what time should I go there to be at the front (ie. smashed against barrier). I've never actually been to the roundhouse so I don't know what to expect.