Opeth at Graspop (my thoughts and setlist)

Demon of the Fall

Serenity Painted Pink
Jun 3, 2003
Belgium
www.freewebs.com
i saw Opeth yesterday, and they kicked fucking ass! they were the best act on the festival IMO (although i only went one day). Mikael's singing was almost flawless. The guitars were amazingly tight, and the bass too. And the drumming was almost perfect.

They had a fucking kickass setlist!

Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance
A Fair Judgement
Demon of the Fall

It was a great concert! It was the first time that I saw Opeth, and I hope it is not my last time.

I wanted to go to Graspop, but unfortunately I couldn't. I saw them at Fields of Rock though. They were really amazing, they played very good. I didn't see the whole show because I had to go to see the doctors over there :Smug: . But besides that, I enjoyed the show :) . Next time when they are coming to Holland again, I hope I can see the whole concert this time!

yeah, i saw them to.really cool,it was the second time i saw them.i think they were even better now!

It was the fourth time I saw Opeth and it was the best gig of the four although it wasn't perfect.

Besides that I still have something to say : why don't they change setlists more often and why do they play 'a fair judgement' ? It's a great song but live, and mainly in festivals, it's too quiet to convince non-fans. Better listen to 'Advent' for example...

Looking forward to seeing them for the 5th time though...

Opeth was amasing indd. It was also the fourth time I saw time. I think the performance @ le splendid (F, Lille) was that tiny bit better though.
There was more interaction with the public, but that was because:
A. It was a smaller public
B. They weren't tied to a tight schedule

Great act @ Graspop Metal Meeting 2003 though, they got the public with them yesterday :)

I think it was the best concert of the festival for me, one big disappointment though, they didn't play Advent, my favourite Opeth song :( (How fucking ironic :mad: Opeth are not the only ones who didn't play my favourite song: Anthrax skipped Among the Living, Sepultura skipped Inner Self, Finntroll skipped RivFader and Apocalyptica skipped One)

Yes, Opeth was great.... They skipped Advent (but played AFJ instead) because they hadn't time enough to play it.
It was the 5th time I saw them, and I'd just say one little negative point, IMO, is the clean voice of Mikael... He can sing really better than that !!
Oh, and he skipped the little solo on Godhead's Lament (before "Though I could not leave this place...") ! :tickled:

But IMO, the best show of the meeting was MINISTRY ! This band is really incredible !!! Even if I don't especially like their style, their show was really really awesome & Orgasmic !!!!:hotjump: