Opeth at Hob in Vegas 9/12

Opethtat

New Metal Member
Jan 26, 2006
Las Vegas Nv.
Opeth will be at the House of Blues for Gigantour 9/12! Thank God it is NOT at the Thomas & Mack like last year. Hope to see all you Opeth fans in vegas come out and support the band!

Id said:
you mean why is the rest of the world a bunch of idiots who need to learn the proper way to write dates

actually the US is the only retarded idiots, everyone else does it the other way

US - sept 12 = 9/12

everywhere else - sept 12 = 12/9

Anyway, sorry if there was any confusion? September 12 2006 (tuesday)! On the Gigantour website Vegas is only getting Megadeth,Lamb,Opeth,and Arch ONLY! I so wanted to see Overkill as well! DAM!

:lol: Americans are dumb. Not only did they screw around the dd//mm/yyyy formula they changed S to Z and "re" to "er", added extra L's and removed U's in just about every word

hmm it would seem that all of those changes (minus the date thing) are linguistically sensical, thus rendering your arbitrary grudge against american english useless bias

You mean "sensible"? :lol: Besides, it isn't arbitrary. This thread is proof of how several versions of english breaks down communication, though maybe that's what the Yanks were after

no actually I don't, sensical as in the opposite of nonsensical

one of the best things about english is its malleability; words that intuitively make sense can enter the language pretty easily

hibernal_dream said:
This thread is proof of how several versions of english breaks down communication

yeah man when europeans say 'colour' or 'realise' I can't figure out what the hell they're talking about, communication is near impossible :rolleyes: