Opeth at the Download Festival!

affinityband said:
They will be higher on the bill this time.

it doesn't matter mate. I was at download 2004 (what a complete fucking shambles) and slayer got 45 mins.

Machine Head, Korn and Slipknot who were higher up on the list got an extra 15 minutes to slayer. So i think the most you can expect to see opeth getting is probably 45 mins. which sucks.

last time i looked, i thought the line up was for the main part, very poor indeed.

the problm with download is that they book too many bands that dont matter which means the better bands get less time.

I looked at the lineup... it was a few good bands, then a few shitty bands, then bands I didn't know... then right at the bottom between all the bands I didn't know and just plain shitty bands, I see Opeth. WTF? Opeth is like... right under Tool on how big they are. Fuck.

Going back to people shitting on the lineup, I'd tend to agree - although of course whether a band is worthwhile/worthless is kind of subjective. Maybe the Download festival just tries to be too many things to too many people.

Some people just like bands like My Gay Romance.

And yes, Slayer getting 45 mins is more pants than Primark.

affinityband said:
I neeeddddd some ticketttsssssss arghhhhh. Plus they arent doing day tickets this year. gay.
Just get a weekend ticket, then you can see Strapping Young Lad, Tool, Opeth, Metallica, etc. And the line-up this year is far from shit if you ask me. :kickass:

Seriously, if nobody tells me who MY AWESOME COMPLIATION is, I'll throw a fit. Who the fuck thinks that's going to be a great name for a rock band??? I just don't know anymore...

B Crouch said:
Just get a weekend ticket, then you can see Strapping Young Lad, Tool, Opeth, Metallica, etc. And the line-up this year is far from shit if you ask me. :kickass:

I would love to, i may just ask my parents for an early birthday present as im officially jobless.

And to the guy above me. I havent heard them, search it on myspace or somethin then you can hear it.

affinityband said:
I neeeddddd some ticketttsssssss arghhhhh. Plus they arent doing day tickets this year. gay.
Sorry to give CPR to a dead thread, but I just read that they are doing day tickets on sale Weds. 3rd of May, in case anyone's bothered.