Opeth at The Forum Theatre In Melbourne ticket purchase help?

The Twisted Nails Of Faith

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2006
Obviously this is old news to everybody but the point of this thread is that i dont know which company tickets are going on sale through? I have checked the 'ticketek' website on a regular basis to see if they are handling the tickets and the same with 'ticketmasterseven' and so far nothing? I have now come to the conclusion that seeing as 'The Forum' is a theatre the tickets are most likely sold through the theatre itself. I am aware tickets go on sale mid january, if anybody has any knowledge of how to purchase tickets please let me know :) thank you in advance to anybody who can help me out!

I also add that this is my first post on these boards and if there is already a thread about this or somewhere else more appropriate I could have posted i apologise.

As far as I know tickets for shows at The Forum usually always go through ticketek...I've yet to see it on the ticketek website either, just give it a couple days and if you can't wait give The Forum a call and find out.

thanks for the reply. i thought it would be through ticketek aswell so i've been checking the site daily but i thought it would atleast be in the 'upcoming shows' section by now? well hopefully something comes up soon!

I emailed ticketek just now about it. They'll get back to me within 2 business days.

Anarkissed said:
I'm quite sure that I read somewhere that the tickets will be on sale some time in the middle of january. Don't quote me on that, though.

Yes, opeth.com mentioned this in the news section.

Okay, post here when you know where and when they go on sale. I'm in the same boat with the melbourne gig. I went looking on ticketec and ticketmaster with no luck.

Ok heres what i got from Ticketek...

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for contacting Ticketek, Australia's leading provider of tickets
to entertainment and sporting events.

Ticketek is yet to receive confirmation from the promoter about the event
you are inquiring about, and we are unable to provide more information at
this point in time. Ticketek only sells for certain venues and promoters so
you may wish to check with other ticketing agents in relation to this
enquiry. We would also suggest that you check our website for regular
updates and watch out in the media for any information.

I assumed ticketek would be the go because The Forum tend to go through them, but this time it seems i was wrong. hmm

Big Stuie said:
I assumed ticketek would be the go because The Forum tend to go through them, but this time it seems i was wrong. hmm
I got this reply from Moshtix:

We don't have any information on this event yet.
Please keep checking back with us, we should receive the information soon.
Thanks,

And this reply from Ticketmaster:
We don't currently have any information on Opeth. Keep in touch or perhaps try Ticketek. (www.ticketek.com.au).