Opeth - Benighted and Camel - Never Let Go

Ahh... I remember the first time I heard "Never Let Go" - I was thinking to myself: "Well fukking jesus !" ...or not. It's not a 100% ryp-off, but very close. The best Camel albums are :

The Snow Goose
Mirage
Camel
Rajaz
Moonmadness

Don't bother with the rest.

I'm just in the midst of listening to "Still life" for the first time (just got my hands on the LP). What about "The moor" compared to "The great marsh" from Camel's "Snow goose" album?
Although the music still sounds good, rip-offs sucks IMO!!!!

I am a Camel freaking nut! Even though I have only recently been getting into them, I cannot stop listening to getting their albums! So far here are the best of the best!

Camel - Self titled
Camel - Mirage
Camel - Snowgoose
Camel - Moonmadness
Camel - Rain Dances
Camel - A live Record DCD (incldues full live set of Snowgoose, which IMO is better than the original)

This is all I have so far.. and I am going crazy! It's all I listen to these days !

I noticed that those songs' opening guitar parts are very similar, too. Anyone like A Nod and a Wink, their latest album. It sounds more like the old stuff; it is really good. I've got ten CDs by Camel, but I can't seem to find the rest of their CDs any more.

How come when I posted this EXACT topic a few months ago it gets ignored? :lol:
I HATE YOU ALL!!!

Anyways Camel is my fave band, and what that guy said up there about their best albums was right...Camel, Mirage, Snow Goose, Moonmadness, Rajaz. The rest are not up to these albums standards. If you haven't had the pleasure of listening to Camel yet... DO IT NOW!!!

yeah, I've noticed it. Also listen to Mirage (in the song Nhimrodel/Possesion/White Rider I think) and compare with the drapery falls.

Remember to get those first four albums by camel all of you, monumental stuff.

Also, though it may be small, there is a small keyboard flourish at 0:58 at Hope Leaves that is EXACTLY the same at around one minute of "Camel - Ice". Since we're on the Opeth copying Camel topic. :lol:

jeanreno said:
How come when I posted this EXACT topic a few months ago it gets ignored? /forum/images/smilies/lol.gif
I HATE YOU ALL!!!

Anyways Camel is my fave band, and what that guy said up there about their best albums was right...Camel, Mirage, Snow Goose, Moonmadness, Rajaz. The rest are not up to these albums standards. If you haven't had the pleasure of listening to Camel yet... DO IT NOW!!!

Old man's rock!!!!!!

LMf'nASS OFF!!!!!!!!

You must've seen the Opeth instructional guitar video as well. I laughed like crazy when I saw Mikael say "old man rock" as he played that goofy assed riff and had that stupid smile on his face.