Opeth Blew The Roof Off The Norva

Blackwater Demon

Using Cold Words
Mar 30, 2008
Under The Weaping Moon
I must admit the venue sucked. I experienced some of the rudest fucking assholes Ive ever seen. However, when Opeth got on stage it all changed. They played an awesome set.

It all began when my wife and I got there. Opeth's bus was parked in the front of the Norva so I wanted to try to meet them. I saw some of the band members getting on the bus so I went and stood in front of it. I was talking to my wife when she pointed over my shoulder. I turned around and Mike was getting off the bus. I wanted to ask to get a picture with him but all that came out was, "hell yeah man!" he kinda grinned and kept walking. I felt so humiliated. After we got inside we went and stood in front of the stage. A few minutes latermy wife went to get a drink and returned with 2 autographed drumheads. She said they were each $30. I was very excited. A bit later Baroness played. They were ok, except some drunk guy kept hitting me in the back. After their set we went to sit down for a while. More people crowded in and we decided to head up to the balcony where it was also packed. I was able to get to the railing before Opeth came on. They came on and my wife went back downstairs to take pictures. The crowd really got into them and before playing Hope Leaves, some guy yelled you suck and everyone boo'd him. Mike started yelling in jibberish at him and everyone laughed. Anyway great show. My wife took 99 pics of Opeth. I will post them soon. Here is the setlist.

Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall

Drapery Falls

out of 99 pics with a set of binoculars/camera only 2 decent pic turned out.

SCV_0073.jpg

Ya...the opener put me to sleep, and high on fire kicked some ass, but it got boring quick. OPETH, though, made it all worth while. If they could of just played the entire time, including the other bands time slots, i would of loved that more.

So far the best concert ive ever been too. Amazing experience with todays greatest modern metal band. Classic.

Night and the Silent Water was very well done, and the first time ive ever heard, since ive yet to get the Morning Rise album.

It is definatly true....they ARE really THAT good. So good that i saw countless heads of POSERS, exploding. So thats how great it was.

I was at the show, too. It was my fourth time seeing them, one of my fav Opeth concents, except I was disappointed by the lowest turnout of any Opeth show I've been to. But it was a great set, really enjoyed hearing Serenity Painted Death, Night and the Silent Water and Hope Leaves live, which I hadn't before. I'm still trying to figure out what the deal was with the heckler.... he called out "you suck!," got booed, then was banging his head a bit during the next song. Then he seemed to get bored and walked off.... I registered for this board over seven years and haven't posted in years, I'm surprised I can still log in:loco:

I was at the show, too. It was my fourth time seeing them, one of my fav Opeth concents, except I was disappointed by the lowest turnout of any Opeth show I've been to. But it was a great set, really enjoyed hearing Serenity Painted Death, Night and the Silent Water and Hope Leaves live, which I hadn't before. I'm still trying to figure out what the deal was with the heckler.... he called out "you suck!," got booed, then was banging his head a bit during the next song. Then he seemed to get bored and walked off.... I registered for this board over seven years and haven't posted in years, I'm surprised I can still log in:loco:

sometimes a heckler like that just does that to make the band play even better, to get them pissed so they can prove themselves.

Though Opeth dont need to proves themselves to many of the fans, they still need to keep that "beginners mind" work ethic of impressing the hell out of us like they trying to earn respect. That should never leave the band.