Opeth Board Pics Page

...you bastard.

I'm very disappointed in you, Demonspell, staying all transparent n' stuff in the face of your fellow Opethians.

(or alternitavely, I just wanted to post something to move this thread back to the top of the list so people are sure to see it and keep contributing photos) :)

Not only my picture, but I have never revealed my full name, exact location, or primary E-mail on any forum I've posted on...that way I can be a lurker and active participant at the same time. But 99% of Internet users hide behind pseudonyms anyway, so I see nothing particularly strange about it. But I did take part in the demographic story, so I'm not a complete isolationist...

I'm the only person I know who doesn't care if people find out where I live and who I am. I have so few friends here that a letterbomb would be welcome.

Or, alternatively, I wanted to post so that this goes back to the top of the list. POST MORE PICS!:heh:

I agree...I just wrote out my full address in a post a few days ago while I was insulting a person, I think it was on a metal girls thread... As soon as I dig up a picture I'm posting it...it has been a long time since I was photographed so I'll have to put up an older pic. I think more people should consider this too.

There are way too many paranoid people on the net, most of them being newcomers. I remember a few years ago some jerk on IRC was talking all sorts of shit. We got into a whole retarded argument full of mother jokes and empty threats. When I had enough I gave him my address. He supposedly lived in the same city as I do, so I told him to come on down and do something about it <no rolling eyes thingie here?>

When I first got into computers some guy from my school said people (hackers) can find out where you live just by looking at your picture. That's virtually impossible. For fuck's sake, a picture is just PIXELS; nothing but binary data. There's no way on earth a program can tell the person on picture #1 is the same person as on picture #2 (unless of course the files are exactly the same).

Really, now.. Why the heck are people so damned paranoid? Only reason why I hesitate giving out my snail mail address (and email for that matter) is spam. I've seen CDs being sold at computer stores entitled something like 'Over 1 million e-mail addresses!'. Umm.. Is that shit legal man? Talk about stooping lower than 50 feet of shit.

Great idea, sent mine. Most pics of me that are in digital form are such that I wouldn't show them to anyone, because they involve Finnish summer partying. I think I got a respectable one there now though, even though it was hard. ;)