Opeth Brisbane gig - now only 18+

HaHa, They used the footage of "When" from a concert a few years ago. You could see Peter playing.

BTW- Sorry to all the folks that got the fuck stick handed to them.

Yeah, it was pretty shit finding out.

Incidentally, I know the guy who was saying, 'I am angry'. For like a month before the gig, every time we saw each other we would mention it, like what they'd play or whatever. Anywho, they might be back in 8 months so, hey, shit happens.

^ You're everywhere, aren't ya baby?
wink.gif

That stuff from Brisbane is totally f*****. Here in Adelaide it was at the Thebarton Theatre, great venue BTW, and it was all ages. There is a bar in the foyer area, and everything was totally cool. I'm 44, (a big fan BTW) and I took my eldest son, who is 14 and one of his mates from school, and they loved it big time, some photos are here

Rock on!:headbang:

That stuff from Brisbane is totally f*****. Here in Adelaide it was at the Thebarton Theatre, great venue BTW, and it was all ages. There is a bar in the foyer area, and everything was totally cool. I'm 44, (a big fan BTW) and I took my eldest son, who is 14 and one of his mates from school, and they loved it big time, some photos are here

Rock on!:headbang:

That venue shits on the Arena!!

despite all that crap that went down the brisbane gig was with out a doubt amazing. miles ahead of the 06 tour. positive energy for the most part and the band seemed to really be enjoying them selves.

The internet never ceases to amaze me! You kids around 20ish are all used to it, but it's insane how info just appears so quickly!

Anyway, don't think (I hope) they'll be playing in that venue again in (I hope) 8 months! I went to lots of gigs U18 and I woulda been sooo mad if that happened to me... People were so chilled about it though. If this would have happened in Argentina (where I'm from originally) I can guarantee they would have broken something and then blame it on death metal :(
Obviously someone have contacted channel 9 about this for them to be there.
Lol, I remember the lady appearing in 0.33 seconds.

I thought the inside of the venue was actually quite cool. It felt like there was much less separation between the crowd and the band. However the area that its in is fucking dodgey vill. There were way to many hobos and the street out the front stank of piss.