Opeth Damnation Tour Setlist... possibilities...

DemonOfTheFall

The 1st REAL Demon here..
So nobody knows the setlist yet... unless you're Opeth, or you just know for some crazy reason. Anyway I feel like speculating what it may be. Here's my "wishlist" :D ...

Considering the max might be a 90 minute show (though I'm not sure)...

And hoping some rumors are true about them reworking old songs, I believe they are, it would only make sense. I'm talking about playing old school Opeth mellow AND converting one or two Opeth heavies, or at least "partly" heavies. For example, I think they can play "The Drapery Falls" and "Bleak" unplugged you know, like an acoustic version. As for the growled vocals, I'm hoping Mikael will figure out a kool way to make everything mellow style and singing cleanly instead. I think that would be interesting and fucking awesome.

Anyway, my list:

Windowpane 7:45
Credence 5:27
In My Time of Need 5:49
The Drapery Falls 10:53
Hope Leaves 4:30
Closure 5:15
Benighted 5:01
Bleak 9:15
To Rid the Disease 6:21
Face of Melinda 7:59
Death Whispered A Lullaby 5:49
To Bid You Farewell 10:57

Total Time: 85:01

I think it may be significantly different than this, but a man can dream can't he? Unless the set is shorter though, really, that's like ALL their mellow songs, really, when you come to think about it.

The ultimate ONE song I hope they really play though is definitely "To Bid You Farewell". It'd be perfect to finish up with. I think they'll leave the stage before they play it... perhaps.. like those crazy dudes always do at their shows... maybe... maybe not. But it'd be kool to do that and end with 'To bid you'.

diso said:
i think he said they wanted to play the twightlight is my robe and night and the silent water

Really?! That would be fucking awesome!! I thought they wouldn't play something like that now, but I hope I'm wrong. Where'd you learn this? what source?? Man, I'm not saying I don't like Damnation, but I'd take both twighlight and NATSW over pretty much... anything on Damnation... just what I like, you know...

Fucking awesome though, good news if this is true, but seriously where'd you hear this??

It's a mellow tour. I doubt we'll be seeing anything much heavier than To Bid You Farewell, A Fair Judgement, or maybe Face Of Melinda.

Mikael said that they will be doing a mellow remake of TNATSW. I doubt highly that 'Drapery falls' and 'Bleak' will be in the setlist, since they play it at every other gig.

No particular order for the set list: To Bid you Farewell, A Fair Judgement, windowpane, in my time of need, hope leaves, face of melinda, dirge for november, credence, patterns in the Ivy II

I think you guys are forgetting some of the better songs from the damnation album. Such as Ending Credits and In My Time Of Need. I saw Opeth in Seattle for their For Absent Friends tour. In Seattle at least, they played A Fair Judgement and Credence, so i suspect that they might not play those, if they played them everywhere else on the tour. And, While it would be cool to see them play songs like dirge for november and bleak, I'd bet that they might not do those on an acoustic tour because of how difficult it would be to play the heavy stuff on acoustic guitar.
Now if they busted out the electric guitars for a small finale set...

I would love to see Patterns I and II and Still Day. I bet they will do Harvest. Closure seems pretty unlikely, I guess they could pull off all the hand percussion at the end of the song. I'll bet anything Demon is still the encore.

My bet is

Windowpane
Harvest
In my Time of Need
Still day beneath the sun
Faces of Belinda
Benighted
To Rid the Disease
Patterns in ivy 1 into 2
---------------------
-instrumental time-
Requiem
intro to apostle in triumpth
Madrigal
possibly silhoutte (key solo haha) into
Epilouge
-------------------
Creedance
A fair Judgement
----------------
(encore)
To Bid u farewell

I think that all of us will be suprised in someway. I'm hoping that they'll play songs that have heavier parts in them. In a previous thread that I crated, I had asked if they would play songs like A Fair Judgement and Face Of Melinda and got mixed responses. I also don't think that they'll use acoustic guitars because not all of the songs are played just with acoustic guitars but with just clean electric. I've seen live videos and they just play the acoustic parts on electric with some sort of pickup or something in the guitar just like Porcupine Tree does. At least from what I read on their website Steven Wilson does. So, as I stated in the first sentence, I think we all are going to be suprised. In fact, no one should spoil anything when the tour starts. ;-)

HMMM

Maybe they'll play Bleak , and during clean parts, Steven Wilson will come on the stage and sing the clean vocals.. that would be GOOOOOOOOOOOD.

and encore TBYF ... OMG.

too bad im missing that gig tho :( :( :(

someone MUST make a bootleg of this tour, so everyone can hear those songs live.. -cries-