Opeth Fanclub In L.A.

Misanthrope's cool, and I hear your advice dude, it's just that I'm willing to try out this thing I hear called 'communication' :) though it seems not to be working...

I never expected such a screwed up reaction on this board to this proposal, but I guess it's here, so what can I do? I expected criticism, but not total fucking annihilation.
Yeah, as soon as I calmy and politley respond to somebody's comments, they go attack another thing I said. Typical, very typical. I'm not surprised. Let this be a testament to human weakness. You people that are doing this are doing nothing original... temporary gratification. Millions of people have done it millions of times before. I am not affected.

If you can't understand that this is not a standard 'fanclub' per-se as you have been brainwashed by your life to believe, then I don't know what to say. Opeth is a non-typical band. This will be a non-typical fanclub.

At least we're doing something.
That is all I will say...

Originally posted by Raven777
Misanthrope's cool, and I hear your advice dude, it's just that I'm willing to try out this thing I hear called 'communication' :) though it seems not to be working...

I never expected such a screwed up reaction on this board to this proposal, but I guess it's here, so what can I do? I expected criticism, but not total fucking annihilation.
Yeah, as soon as I calmy and politley respond to somebody's comments, they go attack another thing I said. Typical, very typical. I'm not surprised. Let this be a testament to human weakness. You people that are doing this are doing nothing original... temporary gratification. Millions of people have done it millions of times before. I am not affected.

If you can't understand that this is not a standard 'fanclub' per-se as you have been brainwashed by your life to believe, then I don't know what to say. Opeth is a non-typical band. This will be a non-typical fanclub.

At least we're doing something.
That is all I will say...

You go girl. Send us naked pictures;)

We're doing nothing original on this board?:eek: Oh shit, I thought we were fighting for a cure for Cancer! Thanks for informing me! We know this is nothing original, but a fanclub isn't either. You can take your shitty bands that I have never heard of (despite the fact that I am active in the LA underground-no Sadistic Intent, Nokturne, Noctuary, Ritual, Inhuman Visions, or Infamy? Thats right, good bands don't do lame shit like this) and have them play fucked up Opeth covers for your co-friends. Start idolizing, and when you just can't bear it, start a magazine "Opeth in Pictures" so you little 12 year old girls can sit around getting your undies in a bunch over Mikaels newest 'stache style.

He should go for a Chaplin one now. I think he could have the hat for it, just picture mikael's face in the wolff's signature whit a Chaplin moustache ( moonchild: hint! ) and you have total success

Sadistik...

When I said 'doing nothing original'

I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS MESSAGE BOARD. IF YOU BOTHERED TO READ MY MESSAGE, I WAS TALKING ABOUT RESPONSES LIKE THE ONE YOU GAVE ME IN FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS SAYING.

Don't put words in my mouth.

"You can take your shitty bands that I have never heard of (despite the fact that I am active in the LA underground-no Sadistic Intent, Nokturne, Noctuary, Ritual, Inhuman Visions, or Infamy? Thats right, good bands don't do lame shit like this)"

Dude, the underground is limitless, there is no end to it. The bands that have said they would do an Opeth tribute gig are not shitty, they're getting signed to labels.
If you bothered to read any of my posts you'd know.

"Start idolizing, and when you just can't bear it, start a magazine "Opeth in Pictures" so you little 12 year old girls can sit around getting your undies in a bunch over Mikaels newest 'stache style."

Once again, that is not what the fuck the fanclub is about...
I'm sorry to have to write this, but it appears like you're not even bothering to read any of my replies, learn what the Opeth club is REALLY about instead of using your distorted vision of what a 'fanclub' is inside your head.

Go to http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14235&perpage=20&pagenumber=1 and see my reply to Wolff's thoughts on what he thought the fanclub was about - an opportunity for true metal-loving outcasts like you to get together and just have fun - no bullshit.

Then maybe you'll understand instead of judging without knowing, which no person should do...

Originally posted by Sadistik
We're doing nothing original on this board?:eek: Oh shit, I thought we were fighting for a cure for Cancer! Thanks for informing me! We know this is nothing original, but a fanclub isn't either. You can take your shitty bands that I have never heard of (despite the fact that I am active in the LA underground-no Sadistic Intent, Nokturne, Noctuary, Ritual, Inhuman Visions, or Infamy? Thats right, good bands don't do lame shit like this) and have them play fucked up Opeth covers for your co-friends. Start idolizing, and when you just can't bear it, start a magazine "Opeth in Pictures" so you little 12 year old girls can sit around getting your undies in a bunch over Mikaels newest 'stache style.

Holy shite,
Sadistik has gone into a new level. You have earned yourself a co-chairman of the anti-fanclub fanclub. No dues for you;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Wolff

Holy shite,
Sadistik has gone into a new level. You have earned yourself a co-chairman of the anti-fanclub fanclub. No dues for you;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, if only he actually understood what I wrote before, maybe he wouldn't have dug himself deeper in misunderstanding.

Raven,
Best of luck to you. I hope it works out, cuz then we'll have the anticlub in SF. Then we can have a BBQ in Fresno. :lol:

Ok, as a member of Noctuary, I would NEVER ever even try to play Opeth as I and my fellow bandmates have way too much respect for them. I like the idea of Opeth fans (hell fans of DM and BM for that matter) assembling and having a good time, and meeting new people. I mean we've done that kind of "networking" thing at Milwaukee Metalfest for years. Now dont get me wrong- Im a HUGE Opeth fan, and I would probably go to an Opeth convention If there was one, but to have local bands ruin their songs is absolute blasphemy in my book. Lets just leave the Opeth songs to the Gods themselves, ok?