Opeth Fanclub In L.A.

Raven777

Discipline In Nothing
May 7, 2001
North Hills, CA
web.tiscalinet.it
Greetings,

My good friend Kourosh Taheri would like to let all you Opeth freaks out there know that he is starting an Opeth fanclub in Los Angeles, California, U.S... there will be meetings, community involvements, and possibly Opeth conventions if this goes through as he hopes.
In establishing the first known Opeth fanclub, he hopes other Opeth fans around the world will be motivated to start up a branch for thier own state/country.

Interested people should contact him at opethfanclubla@hotmail.com.

Thank you for your time!!

Come on this is Opeth not Star Trek!!! Why don´t we invent a special Opeth language too that we can use on these conventions, please!

Uryuk caliks ¨° ploasing

translation, give me a break :err: :loco:

Opeth fanclub in Los Angeles, California, U.S... there will be meetings, community involvements, and possibly Opeth conventions if this goes through as he hopes

This is some scary shit...especially the meetings, community involvements part... :confused: :confused: Opeth conventions? Should I bring all my CD's, posters, and ticket stubs? :lol: :lol:

Meet fellow Opeth fanatics on their shows, this definately too much.

Originally posted by Oyo
Give him a break, he's trying to organize something for Opeth fans. Conventions may be taking it too far, but I wouldn't mind going to a meeting every so often to meet other Metal fans in my area.

But isn't that what concerts are for? And I don't know..this meeting thing sounds like a cult gathering :p

Hey, when I went to Metalfest 3 festival last year, people from ALL countries, states, etc., were there. I even met some people who traveled all the way from Australia to be there. I also met a wonderful couple there, we exchanged phone numbers and I've been friends with them ever since (We're going to metalfest 4 together). Any time I go to a show, I try to add names and numbers to my "little metalhead black book". Also, when I went to see COF, I met someone from one of the chat rooms I frequented on the net. In addition, I go to Dimmu Borgir chat all the time, and they organized a meeting at that festival in Germany of all the regular chatters: like 35 people met at the festival. It's all about communication.

Yes meeting people from this board would be cool, Oyo, but a fan club? I mean, it's not fucking tiger beat central, you know? I live in LA and I'd never attend this fan club...

Interesting reactions from you people...

Well, if anybody deserves a fanclub, it should be OPETH, right?? Don't tell me you don't think they deserve a fanclub.. if freaking Metallica can have a fanclub, why not Opeth who are a million times more worthy of representation?

Look, nobody has done anything like this before for Opeth, and we all know how much they deserve an organized fanclub. Opeth fans are a rare breed and this would be a cool way to meet other people. Yeah, I know some of you are saying 'meet them at shows' but c'mon, Opeth can't come to your state every single year for your enjoyment due to monetary reasons (Bands even as 'big' as Opeth lose thousands of dollars on tour.)

This is not a teenybopper deal. This is the real thing.

Opeth conventions - gay? :eek:
I don't think you get the idea...

What we planned out was we would have like a merchandising/bootleg buying/trading area and then there would be an actual CONCERT of members of L.A. metal bands and guests doing Opeth covers.

We also wanna actually give back to the community, promote the club in a good name and do stuff like fundraisers, food drives, etc. It'll make people think different about our metal bretheren, we can actually DO shit instead of complaining like the general public...

Although I must say some of the reactons I have seen are pretty typical of such an idea as seen in normal mundane society, but look - this isn't Star Trek or Tiger Beat... this is about metal, about music, about what we love - this is OPETH.

Once again, the address is
opethfanclubla@hotmail.com for all interested.

What we planned out was we would have like a merchandising/bootleg buying/trading area and then there would be an actual CONCERT of members of L.A. metal bands and guests doing Opeth covers.

I can't think of any LA metal bands that would do this. This is even more ridiculous now....

Anyway, do you live in the same LA I do? I mean, I'm not picturing Sadistic Intent or Nokturne doing fucking Opeth covers! "BLaaaaaaaaargh grrwl warghhhh saw you warghhhh benighted by this night graaaaaargh blarghhhh" Aint working...

Originally posted by Sadistik
I can't think of any LA metal bands that would do this. This is even more ridiculous now....

Anyway, do you live in the same LA I do? I mean, I'm not picturing Sadistic Intent or Nokturne doing fucking Opeth covers! "BLaaaaaaaaargh grrwl warghhhh saw you warghhhh benighted by this night graaaaaargh blarghhhh" Aint working...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Sadistik, that'd be hilarious as hell but I'm more thinking of these bands who have said they'd do something...
Seven Door, Tripping Over God, Manifest Beauty, Cypress, Inamorata, and maybe Writhe....
They all love Opeth and said they'd be willing to do something...

Originally posted by Raven777
Interesting reactions from you people...

Well, if anybody deserves a fanclub, it should be OPETH, right?? Don't tell me you don't think they deserve a fanclub.. if freaking Metallica can have a fanclub, why not Opeth who are a million times more worthy of representation?

Look, nobody has done anything like this before for Opeth, and we all know how much they deserve an organized fanclub. Opeth fans are a rare breed and this would be a cool way to meet other people. Yeah, I know some of you are saying 'meet them at shows' but c'mon, Opeth can't come to your state every single year for your enjoyment due to monetary reasons (Bands even as 'big' as Opeth lose thousands of dollars on tour.)

This is not a teenybopper deal. This is the real thing.

Opeth conventions - gay? :eek:
I don't think you get the idea...

We also wanna actually give back to the community, promote the club in a good name and do stuff like fundraisers, food drives, etc. It'll make people think different about our metal bretheren, we can actually DO shit instead of complaining like the general public...

Although I must say some of the reactons I have seen are pretty typical of such an idea as seen in normal mundane society, but look - this isn't Star Trek or Tiger Beat... this is about metal, about music, about what we love - this is OPETH.

Once again, the address is
opethfanclubla@hotmail.com for all interested.

It still sounds gay.

What community? LA is a shithole, and why would I want to help it out? What a dump. I watch LA move further into the gutter every day! Opeth convention=dumb.

Ironic.

Here's what I said :
"We also wanna actually give back to the community, promote the club in a good name and do stuff like fundraisers, food drives, etc. It'll make people think different about our metal bretheren, we can actually DO shit instead of complaining like the general public... "

And Sadistik said:

"What community? LA is a shithole, and why would I want to help it out? What a dump. I watch LA move further into the gutter every day! Opeth convention=dumb."

:confused: Well, seeing that I know where you're coming from dude, I still thought that was pretty cryptic...

Okay so maybe my choice of the word 'convention' was (for some reason I dunno) BAD, but still what the fuck - is it better that it wouldn't exist? Gimme a break, it would suck that Opeth fans be denied of this.

Dumb, gay, or not, it doesn't matter, it's still gonna happen... we have about 25 members so far... and I just got an email from a guy in England about starting a London branch...

The word is thus spread...