Anti-Opeth Fanclub In L.A.-fanclub in SF

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
Greetings,

My good friend Sadistik and I would like to let all you Anti-Opeth Fanclub In L.A. freaks out there know that we are starting an Anti-Opeth Fanclub In L.A.-fanclub in SF, California, U.S... there will be no meetings, no community involvements, and in no way any Opeth conventions if this goes through as we hope.

In establishing this Anti-Opeth Fanclub In L.A.-fanclub in SF, we hope other Opeth fans around the world will be motivated to never start a branch for thier own state/country.

Interested people should contact us at
antiopethfanclublafanclubsf@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time!!

Originally posted by Oyo
You don't HAVE TO be such an ass about everything, I know you're just being funny sometimes, but it's really been getting on my nerves lately, I just had to say something.

I suggest you simply fuck off. No hard feelings.

Originally posted by Oyo
You don't HAVE TO be such an ass about everything, I know you're just being funny sometimes, but it's really been getting on my nerves lately, I just had to say something.

He's still funny, now :)

He's got ME laughing :lol:

Originally posted by Useful Idiot
Kinda lame...though I didn't even know of a fanclub.

And this makes you sound dumb.

I am dumb. So this makes you sound like an Un-useful idiot

Wolff, no hard feelings man. I don't want this forum to turn into a fanclub vs. no-fanclub battlefield.

Honestly tell me straight out why you think it's a bad idea to start up an Opeth fanclub for the fans by the fans. I'll listen.

Originally posted by Raven777
Wolff, no hard feelings man.

Honestly tell me straight out why you think it's a bad idea to start up an Opeth fanclub for the fans by the fans. I'll listen.

I told you many times: the idea to get together and project a positive metalman image (wtf is that) is ridiculous. The cover bands are most likely going to suck (hey even Opeth aren't that good live), and the convention will just make Opeth seem like Kiss. You'd probably turn people off rather than draw them into the music.

Finally, if you want to hangout with Opeth fans in the area, use this board and get something going on. A convention will just attract posers and idiots who don't know much about Opeth to begin with.

Get them playing on KROC or some other radio show, do something along those lines.

Wolff, thanks for replying.

"I told you many times: the idea to get together and project a positive metalman image (wtf is that) is ridiculous."

- We dropped that aspect, though it is not entirely out of the question.

"The cover bands are most likely going to suck (hey even Opeth aren't that good live)"

- They are actual professional bands dude. Cypress is even signed to code666 Records, and Inamorata are negotiating a deal with Metal Blade. We won't know if they would suck unless we tried it for once. Just because Opeth aren't that good live does not mean the tribute gig would suck. It is a) a tribute gig for their MUSIC and b) a good exposure for their MUSIC.

"...the convention will just make Opeth seem like Kiss. You'd probably turn people off rather than draw them into the music."

- Rest assured, the convention will be no-bullshit. The convention will be for trading Opeth and other metal bootlegs and CDs, selling other band merchandise, it'll just be like a whole underground-metal get-together. We're not going to do crap, as I said before, like Opeth dolls and shit like that. And so what if a poser comes? If a band makes some money from selling their T-shirts during this convention, it's a win-win situation.

"Finally, if you want to hangout with Opeth fans in the area, use this board and get something going on. A convention will just attract posers and idiots who don't know much about Opeth to begin with."

- Not every Opeth fan is registered on this forum. As for the convention sucking, we won't know unless we try. I don't think a poser will even have any Dark Tranquility bootlegs to trade during the convention.

"Get them playing on KROC or some other radio show, do something along those lines. "

- We are definetly going to do that, in fact, it's great that you brought that up.

Once again, thanks for replying.

My good friend Sadistik and I would like to let all you Anti-Opeth Fanclub In L.A. freaks out there know that we are starting an Anti-Opeth Fanclub In L.A.-fanclub in SF, California, U.S... there will be no meetings, no community involvements, and in no way any Opeth conventions if this goes through as we hope.

Hey Wolff, does this make me a co-founder?

:lol: :lol: :lol: