OPETH IN CLASSIC ROCK!!!!!!!!

April Etheral

Scottish Metalhead
Oh my god! :loco:

I bought the November issue of Classic Rock and to my amazement i found a review of Opeth playing in London...and this wasn't at like the back page... IT WAS ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THE GIG REVIEWS!!!!!!!
THE REVIEW WAS EVEN BEFORE THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!
and the review was better than the rolling stones....

the opening paragraph sums the entire review up:

"If CLASSIC ROCK was the sort of publication that allowed that sort of thing, this review would consist entirely of the words 'Holy shit! Holy shit' repeated ad nauseum"

and the review just gets better and better from here

they were acclaimed as "one of the few bands you can readily imagine working in a stadium setting without compromising anything"

I just can't believe that this almost unknown band i started listening to a few years ago are now gaining commercial popularity...especially in a maganize not devoted to metal :headbang:

I don't think this is a sign of selling-out, it is a sign of great things ;)

Lemme know what you all think of this great news ^^

Too bad they signed on to Roadrunner Records... I think they would have been way better with Century Media. Roadrunner likes to run their bands into the ground... kinda like what Fear Factory kept on doing until Digimortal.

Well they have quite a mixture of styles:
Cult Of Luna
Mortiis
Akercocke
I feel Opeth would definitely be guaranteed no interference from Earache and considering the label's had so many brilliant bands they'd be handled well.

Earache also had another one of my favorites, At the Gates, as well. I dont have a whole lot of knowledge on labels and what not, but I know Still Life was released through another label with some decent bands, Peaceville. Anyone know what was wrong with them that made Opeth change labels again?

Also, wasnt MAYH released on Century?

MAYH was the last Candlelight release. The US pressing may have been on Century as were Orch+Mornin.
Also, wasnt MAYH released on Century?[/QUOTE]

Good for Opeth.

Whats wrong with making more money, more fans and more music..
To what, please a handful underground death metal fans?

Fuck that, Opeth is a great band and needs to be heard
by more people to open there minds. For real.

Weakness said:
Good for Opeth.

I agree as long as they dont water down their sound and dumb down their music, similar to a band who's name starts with M and ends with etallica.

haha what the hell do you fools mean "they would have been great with earache," don't you mean "they would be on the same label as other bands I like" which is a completely irrelevent and dumb comment to make

Weakness said:
Good for Opeth.

I totally agree, i just don't understand this whole "THey're my band" mindset
I mean c'mon it would be amazing to see Opeth in a bigger venue than they normally play