Opeth Special

metal4all

New Metal Member
Oct 20, 2008
Hello Friends! An Opeth Special have just been uploaded in www.metal4all.net . It contains:

Mikael Akerfeldt interview.
Review of the Bilbao (Spain) show with Cynic and The Ocean, with photos and setlist of the three bands.
A review of the classic album "Still Life".

Maybe here ir some spanish fan that might be interested in reading this.

Regards! :)

www.metal4all.net

Well...after reading the special, I've got some points that surprised me:

- The fact that Mikael talks about Lopez as a good drummer, but too sensible at the point that he said when they were recording they had to wait till martin feel comfortable with recording and the same with gigs....

-Talking about Gene Hoglan,Mikael said that they just worked together for the Lopez fact, and in some ocassion he asked to Devin if it was ok If Gene toured with Opeth, and Devin answered: "to be honest....I dont like that much", and Mikael felt that..well, if was like Gene was cheating Strapping Young Lad with Opeth, which is comprehensible, thats why Mikael never offered the job to Gene, also he said that Gene didnt feel comfortable playing with all Opeth stuff cause well Gene could play the heavy stuff very good, but he felt kind of bored while playing the mellow stuff

- He said well...that he work with Bloodbath just for fun, nothing seriously and that's not his band, he just write some lyrics ocasionally

Well...after reading the special, I've got some points that surprised me:

- The fact that Mikael talks about Lopez as a good drummer, but too sensible at the point that he said when they were recording they had to wait till martin feel comfortable with recording and the same with gigs....

-Talking about Gene Hoglan,Mikael said that they just worked together for the Lopez fact, and in some ocassion he asked to Devin if it was ok If Gene toured with Opeth, and Devin answered: "to be honest....I dont like that much", and Mikael felt that..well, if was like Gene was cheating Strapping Young Lad with Opeth, which is comprehensible, thats why Mikael never offered the job to Gene, also he said that Gene didnt feel comfortable playing with all Opeth stuff cause well Gene could play the heavy stuff very good, but he felt kind of bored while playing the mellow stuff

- He said well...that he work with Bloodbath just for fun, nothing seriously and that's not his band, he just write some lyrics ocasionally
Thanks.