exclusive opeth interview!!! :)

I seriously and honestly love that man, Mikael Akerfeldt, I love him. Mikael if you are reading this thread, I want to say this...I can shred, and play technically advanced stuff, but to me you are the best guitar player there is. You have inspired me in ways that go beyond any form of comprehension. I was shred kid, for the past 3 yrs till I heard your music, and your guitar playing, you are no doubt my hero, MY guitar hero.

O yeh, i own a Seal album too! heheh, along with tons of non metal stuff, to me there are no rules in music, I listen to what moves me, period. Music isnt about image, its about feeling.

I appreciate your bluntness, and I appreciate the interview, i can wait to see you guys in the states,a nd hopefully get my band to play on the same bill as you guys.

Much love,

-Elliot

hey moonlapse, thanks very much :) .. glad you are impressed .. has taken a lot of work and a couple of strip downs and re-designs, but its getting there!! :) ..

thorns, nice one mate ,, once youve done, if you wanna email me anything for the site, that would be great. be it a band profile, any art / lyrics or photography .. anything to help ..

hey moonlapse, thats very kind of you for certain .. check out that link i put up there .. cos it tells you how to add your web links to our site .. and if you wanna do banner trades, then also have a look as well ..

nice work on the site by the way, looks really good, i used to be really into stabbing westward a few years ago, didnt hear much in their last few years, but i did see them at the reading festival in about 1994! very cool

any advice or contributions are more than welcome, if you have any art/ writing/ creative projects you wanna submit, reviews, or can spread the word, then its all good :)

yeah, that was really good to see :) .. he is such a nice genuine guy ... you could see that when they played here ,, in fact the whole band are .. and when my mate who did the interview met them, they were apparently really cool with him too, which makes them even more endearing :) ..

thanks for everyones responses so far, looks like we captured something good with mikael there .. :)
excellent stuff

Two quotes that I absolutely love:

"we'd like to be real big time rockstars too, I won't lie, but never at the price of sacrificing the quality of our music"

I'm glad to know that Opeth won't be turning into Metallica any time soon. It's great to know that my favorite band is more passionate about the music than being stars.

"I absolutely despise bands like Papa roach and Linkin Park, and… Oh Staind are so fucking worthless… It's like boy bands with guitars. What I did like though was a new song by Korn… It sounded pretty good… I never heard their early stuff properly but I'm under the impression that it's crap. As you said I do believe that the Nu metal scene will make some of us underdogs more popular so I guess that's one good thing."

I'm not surpised at this quote, but I love the shot he takes at Staind. That's one of my most hated nu metal bands.

Mikael rocks!

hehe ,, i have to agree ,, i hate staind!! ..
glad that the interview put your mind at rest about that though .. i could never imagine opeth at the metallica level to be honest, but it seems that opeth and mikael akerfeldt are genuine entities so guess we have it on good authority there that will remain as opeth are intended!! :) ..

Thank you for putting up the link to that jolly nice interview, i enjoyed reading it :)

If i can stray off the topic for a sec..
Paul: lovely site there.. can you tell me who takes care of the art/photo section of it? is it you?

hey there gleemonex .. if you mean who do you submit stuff to ,, well that would be me :) .. my email is tangaroa@rawnerve.freeserve.co.uk if you wanna talk to me about it there .. :) .. im not the site designer and dont put the actual physical pages together, but i am the collector of the contributions .. so yeah, .. i really hope you are about to say you have some works to submit :) .. email me if you do ..

nice one

glad you enjoyed the interview as well ..

LOL,,, just noticed your signature as well!! :D