Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth answers questions in this interview

shitty interview said:
2. Why do you think Martin Lopez’ jazz-influenced drumming was reviewed well on Morningrise?
M: Lopez didn’t play on that album, he joined for the 3rd record. Lopez was never really influenced by jazz, more fusion and latin percussion I guess. The only song where he touched upon jazz drumming was “Face of Melinda” I suppose. Anders Nordin played on “Morningrise” and he didn’t either have any specific jazz influences. He’s into Magnum and early Judas Priest and stuff like that.

"Lopez was never really influenced by jazz, more fusion and latin percussion I guess. The only song where he touched upon jazz drumming was “Face of Melinda” I suppose."

Mikael guesses/supposes? Man, I think I'm mellow, and I'd probably get a little pissed about this. Let alone be so polite as to throw in those "I guess"es. I mean, it's Mikael fucking Åkerfeldt. He knows. Except maybe that the "e" comes before the "i" in "weird", but the english language is maybe even more inconsistent than that interviewer's questions.

I just think it was very disrespectful of the interviewer, he obviously didn't do his homework on Opeth. Not only did he waste Mikael's time but he came totally unprepared...I wonder if it was even edited...

thanks a lot for putting it up though :)
My thoughts as well. One of the absolute first things an interviewer should be is prepared. Period. This certainly does demonstrate Mr. Akerfeldts kindness and patience.

whoa whoa whoa, lopex didnt do drums on morningrizzze?:zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie: