Submit questions for Mikael Åkerfeldt

I'd like to know why they don't play a song or two from Orchid or Morningrise Live. I know about "The Night and the Silent Waters" but there are plenty of other great songs they could play.

Sorry if this is a noob question.

I wouldn't say it's a n00b question. I wouldn't mind knowing myself .. The reasons i think of seem unlikely or are obviously wrong.

I know i'd like to know more about the Wilson/Portnoy/Akerfeldt rumours and if he's already got any new ideas for songs or directions. But tbh, i can't think of any good questions really.

Yeah, I'd like to know that as well dude. I remember reading an interview done with Mikael a couple of years back and he said something like the reason they don't play songs from those albums is because they are really long and they want to try and fit as many songs into their set as they can. He could've been just talking about BRI, but I can't remember exactly.

I can understand where he is coming from, but they have plenty of songs from those 2 albums that they could fit into the set. Something like Under The Weeping Moon, Nectar, The Twilight Is My Robe, To Bid You Farewell. Even if they just played one song from any of those 2 albums at each gig, no one would complain! I think some people would just like to experience something from those albums live for a change.

Ikil

they're just tired of playing those songs. I'm sure sometime in the future they'll come back with a song or two at least...but now, it's break time.

Reclusive Strike said:
I'd like to know why they don't play a song or two from Orchid or Morningrise Live. I know about "The Night and the Silent Waters" but there are plenty of other great songs they could play.

Sorry if this is a noob question.

They played Forest of October and Advent on the BWP tour...and if I recall correctly...they played 'To Bid You Farewell' on the D2 tour...

haha theres a question about the three eggs on blackwater park... Someone also wanted to know if they could get to know peter personally. THis should be an interesting interview.

I'd ask for the reason why they continue to play Demon of the Fall as an encore song?

Of course everybody probably has their own opinion of a good encore song (numerous prior threads on the subject). My personal vote: The Funeral Portrait

:Wreath: said:
That's gonna be one hell of a gay interview...
lol!

dude, your pic at the bottom of each post is one of the most disturbing things ive ever seen...theres something so violently inhumane about it, like theyre zombies...