Submit questions for Opeth interview . . .

Question: Do you ever miss playing the older songs? When playing live, do you enjoy Forest of October more or less than the other songs? In the new show, will there be a variety of material? Maybe a preview of some tracks off Damnation?

When will Opeth unplugged arrive in stores? ;)

Question: Has Opeth become "urbanized" in musical style and in image? A look at the cover of the first 5 albums give most viewers a sense of being in nature (beside a lake, a forest, a swamp...). This sense becomes even stronger when thinking of songs like "The Forest of October", "Black Rose Immortal" and "Blackwater Park" (both lyrical content and title of song). Last many fans talk about Opeth as forest metal; saying that the music of Opeth belongs to the forest and the autumn: -"The best way to enjoy Opeth is in a couch with a blanket and a cup of tea".

With the new release, it feels somehow that Opeth has moved closer to the city. The cover of "Deliverance" shows the inner exterior of an apartment and the song titles does not show any interest in nature. I have yet to hear the lyrics but the music itself this time is to me more of urban sounds and rythm (the train-like beginning of "By the Pain..." or the operatic feel of the ending of "Deliverance").

yeh cooool interview! Good to see something that wasnt from Mikael for once!! :)

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
yeh cooool interview! Good to see something that wasnt from Mikael for once!! :)
hehe...actually I expected Mikael... but he had to do other interviews. But now I`m glad it was Martion on the phone, he gave interesting answers as well.

@Bleakest: when i read through my own ints... i always find questions i haven`t asked... so next time expect an even longer int:lol: