Opeth in INDIA !

Tis not fair!!
They played The Night and the Silent Water :( I've seen them 3 times so far and never heard that song live yet.
That's an awesome setlist, 12 songs, damn, it's pretty epic. I hear word of Opeth coming back to Istanbul in April, if the prophecy becomes true, I shall have another eargasmic show.

It was a longass setlist and it was a fucking amazing show. This was for the first time that most of us from India had the opportunity to see Opeth and yesterday was one of the best days of my life. Many of us met Akerfeldt and the crew. The venue was fuckall though, considering it was held in a college. [The amphitheatre was too small] And the usual gimmicks with the sponsorers. Mikael is fucking hilarious though! A composed yet funny and br0o0o0otal front man. Personally, this was the best show that I have ever seen. Reviews to come in later.

Cows, elephants, faquirs, starving people... I wish i could go to India one day and behold all these marvelous things.

Sorry mate.. You should have come about 2000 years back for beholding those marvelous sights.:heh:

A Joke made on stage :

Mikael : We have loved our stay here in India so far. The hospitality is very good. The indian women are gorgeous . And I had sex with a monkey.

Crowd : (laughs) What did you do , Mikael ?
Mikael : What did I do ??
Crowd : Yeah .
Mikael : I was watching Mendez and the Monkey. :lol:

Sorry mate.. You should have come about 2000 years back for beholding those marvelous sights.:heh:

A Joke made on stage :

Mikael : We have loved our stay here in India so far. The hospitality is very good. The indian women are gorgeous . And I had sex with a monkey.

Mikael : I was watching Mendez and the Monkey. :lol:

it was actually
Mikael : ....indian women are gorgeous. Poor Per got bit by a spider
Crowd : Awwwww........
Mikael: ..and Mendez here had sex with a monkey.
Mikael : I was watching Mendez and the Monkey.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
what a gig!!!it was surreal

Show was intense , funny and kickass all at the same time ! The setlist owned by itself.
Opeth , Please come back to India again. As you saw , you are the one band we really really adore and respect.
:heh:
The setlist :
1. Heir Apparent
2. The Grand Conjuration :headbang:
3. Godhead's lament
4. The Lotus eater
5. Wreath
6. Bleak
7. Hope leaves ( an extended guitar solo )
8. Deliverance ( with a nice lil intro)
9. Night and the Silent water
10.Demon of the fall
11.Baying of the hounds:kickass:
12.The Drapery Falls

An awesome setlist, nearly perfect.

what about the nokia india stuff he told about on myspace?

Yeah..thats all sad but true. Fortunately , that was only during the fag end of the show.The audience was showing the finger to the Nokia dude and the compere. We were screaming things like ' throw the phone , Mikael ' 'fuck Nokia' but Mike played it down and said " Phones are good, but Heavy metal is better ' which drew a loud cheer.
Megadeth and Maiden have played in India have played India before and none of this has happened . The reason is , those were 'proper' metal fests. This being a part of a college festival , the sponsors must have thought they could get away with anything just because they pumped in the cash. Well , fuck 'em anyway.

The jamming at the end of Night and Silent Water was pretty incredible, had a brilliant buildup to it too. Epic solo at the end of HL.

The dumb thing about the nokia bit is that it would only have turned people away from getting that phone by annoying them at best.

i came back from chennai only a while back...

No track from orchid (forest of october) = total fail. (i tore my fuckin throat apart screaming for it)

PS : nice gig, come back soon, and play forest of october this time (and blackwater park too :p)

Tis not fair!!
They played The Night and the Silent Water :( I've seen them 3 times so far and never heard that song live yet.
That's an awesome setlist, 12 songs, damn, it's pretty epic. I hear word of Opeth coming back to Istanbul in April, if the prophecy becomes true, I shall have another eargasmic show.

nerden duydun?umarım gelirler:kickass:

If I'm incredibly lucky I may be able to go to India for a gap year, it would be awesome if Opeth played in India sometime in 2011 :D

Coming soon to Chennai.:headbang:
'A Tribute to Opeth' featuring musicians from bands : Carnage , SoundScape , Skrat, Third Harmonic & more. A host of 8 songs covering Morningrise to Watershed.
Date: 25th July Venue : Geoffrey's the Pub,Radha Park Inn.
More details will be announced shortly.

unseenundergroundpubfeso.jpg