Opeth in todays Seattle Pi

apparently they are going to "break into the metal mainstream with their driving black metal laced with tender interludes". Interesting. Billboard should stick to pop.

on a side note, the article below it mentions a sweet sounding stout beer by one of the local breweries. God i wish i could live in the northwest, it has to be microbrew heaven up there!

apparently they are going to "break into the metal mainstream with their driving black metal laced with tender interludes". Interesting. Billboard should stick to pop.

on a side note, the article below it mentions a sweet sounding stout beer by one of the local breweries. God i wish i could live in the northwest, it has to be microbrew heaven up there!

yes it is my friend. it just about makes up for the fact that we only get about 15 days a year that are over 80.

Yeah isn't awesome how dumb "professional" reviewers are for some of the bigger magazines and stuff? Kinda like how Dave Navarro was going to be a permanent stay with RHCP according to Rolling Stone I think it was, and how Weezer's Pinkerton was one of the worst albums of the year when it came out. (also according to Rolling Stone) :rolleyes:

"Black metal"? Sigh.

When will the mainstream press learn to correctly identify metal bands.

You say this as we prepare for yet another cold-front and more snow in the cascades!

Thanks for the link!

I'm jealous of both of you. We've had extremely humid and 100+ degree days for about a week now. Stupid southeastern weather. When opeth came to myrtle beach here I don't think they liked the place much haha, too hot for those swedes. Though they did enjoy our crocodiles and ice cream