Opeth in Tokyo October 14th

Necromantic-Hiko said:
Ive generally only seen problems with pronunciation. not knowledge/understanding of, either spoken or written.

the mix up between r's and l's...chinese and thais have the same probrem.

reminds me of the simpsons episode when they're walking through china town and you see a "Toys 'L' Us" shop in the background.

asian indians have the same problem but with w's and v's.

BTW_Whorehouse.jpg

OH MY GOD HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Don Corleone said:
oh you're in cambridge, kir-ir-bannog? im here, too visiting my gf. nice place you have here. im restoring a lot of energy after istanbul's hectic atmosphere :erk: cheers

Its a wonderful place to live. Very picturesque and cosmopolitan. The city centre is going through a bit of a re-vamp at the moment, so a small part of it looks a bit shitty.....How long you here for?
Make sure you check out the splendid colleges and go for some punting while the weather holds up!!!!!!!

Necromantic-Hiko said:
actually, english is pretty common. Most are required to take courses in it during school.

Which is totally meaningless, everyone takes six years of English - but it's the same year of English six times. Most Japanese people have a command of English on par with an American high school student's command of Spanish (though with more butchered syntax and a slightly larger vocabulary). There's a reason why the Engrish of Japan is not only legendary, but in fact the definitive form (the term was coined specifically in reference to Japan). The Japs are much like Americans in that they don't really want to learn anyone else's language - they just add an extra level of arrogance: they don't want you to learn their language either.

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
Its a wonderful place to live. Very picturesque and cosmopolitan. The city centre is going through a bit of a re-vamp at the moment, so a small part of it looks a bit shitty.....How long you here for?
Make sure you check out the splendid colleges and go for some punting while the weather holds up!!!!!!!

yes, i wholeheartedly liked this place. im leaving tomorrow, i went to brighton over the weekend. cheers =)