Opeth Live in Hamburg 30. Nov.01

_bRAVADo_

New Metal Member
Dec 1, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Hi folks....
Last night i went to the LOGO in Hamburg to see the Opeth, Katatonia and Novembre show. So far so good... There was an announcement and it said Mikael was sick and Opeth would perform a "non-vocal" instrumental set.
Anyway... this was one of the very best Live Shows I have seen so far. The first song was "leper affinity" from the Blackwater Park album. Completely without vocals. Peter asked the audience to sing along. And when they played "credence" from the MA,YH album, Jonas from Katatonia entered the stage and took Mikaels Part. GREAT!!
When Peter announced the last song, he invited everyone to go "completely crazy" and some folks from the audience grabbed the micro.... WAY COOL!!
Well anyway.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH Opeth for not cancelling the show. It was really fun to see Mikael just playing guitar and not singing. See you next time. :loco:

Well the music itself is interesting enough to go without vocals but fuck I would really be dissapointed to not hear Mikael sig live!

.....you maybe right. I am seriously considering to go to Groningen and check out Opeth again. Next Time with Mikael on Vocals. But anyhow. It was on of the greatest Shows I've ever seen. A lot better compared to the Wacken Gig earlier this year.

It was cool standing 1 Meter away from the Band and see how they play.

Originally posted by _bRAVADo_
.....you maybe right. I am seriously considering to go to Groningen and check out Opeth again. Next Time with Mikael on Vocals. But anyhow. It was on of the greatest Shows I've ever seen. A lot better compared to the Wacken Gig earlier this year.

It was cool standing 1 Meter away from the Band and see how they play.

Well taking part in their show like that is problably something very uniqe and will problably not happen often again if ever so that is kind of cool

I hope Mikael is okay!
It sounds like an amazing night! :)
All hail the mighty Opeth!
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

look at my location and you know where I've been last night :D

was really cool! I've never been that close to a band. God Forbid played instead of Novembre and you could have chat with the singer in the braekes, really nice ;) Even instrumental it was an ass-kicking show by Opeth. And the guests almost replaced the expectations of Mikael somehow, u know... what a show Opeth and Katatonia performing together (even if it was "only" Jonas on Vocals). It was something different, I'd never expect such an act by any bands (espacially at vocals, the nearly most important part of band)... Was a nice suprise :) If any Opeth members can read this, I'd like to thank you a lot, hope you'll came soon again, I'm really looking forward to that (but with Mikael on vocals plz .:D ) well my neck fuckin aches *ouch* ;)

I saw them on November 28th in Frankfurt. You could hear that Mikaels voice wasn´t the best that day, especially the clean parts. He couldn´t hold a tone that long... He also said that his voice isn´t the best, that day, and invited the audience to sing along, but only some of us were able to that... The show was fucking great, the total wipeout at the end ("DEMON OF THE FALL") included :)

Originally posted by locutos
look at my location and you know where I've been last night :D

Hai locutos !!
hehehehehe....tach auch !
Ich weiss, das wir Zeuge von etwas aussergewoehnlichem geworden sind. Ich hab schon so einiges Live gesehen. Aber das am Freitag war Spontan und Echt ! Sowas mag ich ! Ich fand auch alle anderen Bands recht cool. Katatonia hab ich zum ersten mal gesehen und wahr angenehm überrascht . Sehr cool fand ich auch NOVEMBRE (NICHT God Forbid...die sind nicht aufgetreten). Hab gleich mein AudioGnome dot com angeschmissen. Nur leider nichts gefunden.
Ich werde auf jedem Fall am nächsten Sonntag nach Groningen fahren. Is ja nicht ganz so weit von hier aus (Bremen).

Fuck Bayern Münschen !

Originally posted by _bRAVADo_
Jonas from Katatonia entered the stage and took Mikaels Part. GREAT!!
When Peter announced the last song, he invited everyone to go "completely crazy" and some folks from the audience grabbed the micro.... WAY COOL!!
Well anyway.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH Opeth for not cancelling the show. It was really fun to see Mikael just playing guitar and not singing. See you next time. :loco:

:eek: that must have been the best night of your life.:headbang:

Yes Opeth are spectacular live!:D

I saw them play at the Cactus club in San Jose with nevermore. Words could not describe the feeling that I got when I saw them make there way on stage:) Why you may ask:lol: well you see I have been a Opeth fan for almost five years now and I never thought I would see them play locally, but it became true and was simply amazing!

After the show I got a chance to meet Mikael and Peter, and got there autograph:D

:)

yeah i heard about that in the wacken forum.
i was also in frankfurt the night before. fuckin amazing, but it could have been a little louder.
@Frodnat
demon of the fall was cool as shit. i was one of the stagedivers in the end. :)
anyways, i was pretty trashed that night.

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
hmm, now THIS is a show I want a boot of. ;)

Hah, you read my mind. If everyone gets it, let me know _please_. I heard also that on an earlier German date, Katatonia performed For Funerals to Come. In addition, I heard that Carmelo from Novembre did some vocals on Murder for one show.. these sort of 'rarities' would be very cool to see.