Opeth live?

Detric

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Stralia`!
Have you ever seen the guys live? If you have, when and where was it? I saw them last year here in Denmark. The best concert Ive ever been to! Here is the tracklist from the concert. I love it!

Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance
Windowpane
In My time Of need
April Ethereal
Bleak
Advent
A Fair Judgement

Encore

Demon Of The Fall

i saw them 4 times last year...

9/02/2003 : Paris - La Locomotive
6/03/2003 : Lille - Le Splendid
25/09/2003 : London - Shepherd's Bush Empire
27/09/2003 : Paris - Cafe De La Danse

Useless to say that the fourth shows were awesome....even if i think that my favorite one is the last Paris date...

I saw Opeth live on March 24th at The Enmore Theatre, Sydney. That day was also my birthday so it was extra special. Anyway, It was by far the best night of my life so far & the setlist was fantastic. It consisted of:

Masters Apprentice
The Drapery Falls
The Moor
Windowpane
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
April Ethereal
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon Of The Fall (Encore)

jaykeegan said:
I saw Opeth live on March 24th at The Enmore Theatre, Sydney. That day was also my birthday so it was extra special. Anyway, It was by far the best night of my life so far & the setlist was fantastic. It consisted of:

Master's Apprentice
The Drapery Falls
The Moor
Windowpane
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
April Ethereal
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon Of The Fall (Encore)
what a set, blackwater park, the moor and april ethereal.

last time i saw them was the dvd gig, i wonder what the download set will be like, i recon there will be about 4-5 songs, i hope its not all damnation though, but i have a feeling it might be mainly mellow stuff, oh well who cares, im not paying 70£ for 30 mins of opeth. although i am tempted.

I have seen Opeth live twice, both times in Berlin. The first time was the Deliverance tour: 27th feb 2003 (ColumbiaFritz). The set-list was:

The Leper Affinity
Advent
Deliverance
Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Harvest
Serenity Painted Death
A Fair Judgement

Encore: Demon of the Fall

The second concert was on 4th Oct 2003 (Damnation tour - Rockfactory "Halford"). They played:

The Damnation album
Benighted
To Bid You Farewell
Soldier of Fortune
Face of Melinda

Encore: Harvest

Good, eh?

seen them three times (the most times ive seen any band)
jan 24 (i think) 2003: at the opera house, toronto. didnt know much of their stuff back then, but they played the lepper affinity, and demon of the fall

june or july, forget when, at the danforth music hall in toronto. they played all of deliverance plus a deep purple, face of melinda, and something else (i was STONNNNED)

february 24 2004, opera house, toronto. my fav opeth show of all time. they played (what i remember, cuz i was DRUNK, and had a twisted anckle from starting the pit): masters apprentice, windowpane (i THINK i remember it), demon (encore)... annnd i forget what else....

I saw them on Friday the thirteenth On the lamentations tour in Atlanta, and they played in order...

Masters Apprentecies
The Drapery Falls
The Moor
Windowpayne
In my time of need
April Ethereal
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon of the Fall (encore)
Patterns in the Ivy 2 (2nd encore) 2 encores was very weird they jsut went in and came out again.lol twice. Opeth effing owns.

Opeth\m/\m/ said:
I saw them on Friday the thirteenth On the lamentations tour in Atlanta, and they played in order...

Masters Apprentecies
The Drapery Falls
The Moor
Windowpayne
In my time of need
April Ethereal
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon of the Fall (encore)
Patterns in the Ivy 2 (2nd encore) 2 encores was very weird they jsut went in and came out again.lol twice. Opeth effing owns.

They played ''Patterns In The Ivy 2''? Wow, That's really suprising to hear.

I know it was really crazy, after blackwater park they said "Thank you good night" and left the stage. Then in 5 minits they came back on and played Demon of the fall , then they said " thank you so much we hope you will come out next time" and went back in and then came Back out 5 minits later, and said we feel like playing another one from Blackwater park that we have never played live before its patterns in the ivy 2. I was shocked. By the way, that show was the first show they had ever played "Blackwater Park " live before.

i don't know how true the claim that patterns in the ivy 2 was played is. there would have been MUCH more talk of it on this board, and i can almost guarentee more than one opeth fan from this board attended the show, besides opeth\m/\m/

Deliverace, A while back I posted a thread, abotu if any was at that show and I got total cheese, and no replies, However, I am pretty sure much other people from Atlanta are on this board also. Patterns 2 pwns.

I've seen them play six times:

Milwaukee Metalfest July 2000
New Jersey Metalfest April 2001
BWP tour May 2001
Deliverance tour Januray 2003
Damnation tour July 2003
Lamentations tour January 2004
(I think the dates are right)

Blind said:
I saw them last year also, in Pittsburgh. It was amazing, i can't remember the set but i think it was the Damnation tour.

But all i know was that they came w/ Paradise Lost and Tapping the Vein (should have been Lacuna Coil, which would've prefered more)

That was the Deliverance tour....

Gin_from_the_bottle said:
june or july, forget when, at the danforth music hall in toronto. they played all of deliverance plus a deep purple, face of melinda, and something else (i was STONNNNED)

That was the Damnation tour...

(sorry for being nitpicky ...:D)

I dont know if its a stupid question, but wtf fuck is Patterns In The Ivy 2??

Ive only heard Patterns In The Ivy. Not Patterns In The Ivy 2 :confused:

Detric: Two accoustic songs were recorded seperate from the Blackwater Park sessions. These were "Still Day Beneath the Sun" and "Patterns in the Ivy II". These were released on the Blackwater Park special edition, along with a video for the song Harvest, and also as an extremely rare 7" EP.