opeth noob here, what are the best opeth songs?

Advent is great, nectar, to bid you farewell, the night and the silent water, and black rose immortal.
Oh wait that's the whole album, so just buy the album Morningrise.

I wouldn't say that The Drapery Falls OR the Moor are the best Opeth songs, esp. for someone new to Opeth. And I don't know why you would want to listen to only CERTAIN Opeth songs. If you don't like the growling vocals that is your tastes but you shouldn't limit yourselves to only 'clean' songs. I would recommend The Leper Affinity, Bleak, April Ethereal, When, To Bid You Farewell, Benighted to start, or you could buy 'My Arms Your Hearse'.

For the softer side, I would recommend Benighted. My first song and it remains my all time favourite mellow song. And maybe Isolation Years.

Buying the albums is highly recommended. Start with Damnation, for the very soft side of Opeth, then try Blackwater Park, which is heavier, but not as heavy. I'd say Ghost Reveries.. and then all the albums. Beautiful stuff.

Happy Opething.

In my time of need - it was and still is one of my favorites from when I first got into Opeth :)

Well this is entirely a matter of tastes, but I'm more than willing to tell you what my favorite Opeth tracks are...
In Mist She Was Standing, Ghost of Perdition, Hope Leaves, To Rid the Disease, The Drapery Falls, Deliverance, Master's Apprentices, Demon of the Fall, Under the Weeping Moon, The Moor, Godhead's Lament & A Fair Judgement