Opeth @ NorVa

Blackwater Demon

Using Cold Words
Mar 30, 2008
Under The Weaping Moon
Now I know Im not the only person in Virginia going to see Opeth at the NorVa. I called Friday and made reservations for Kelly's Bakstage Diner. If you eat there before the show you get in backstage 15 minutes before the doors open. Wouldnt it be so sweet to just happen to run into Opeth! I am very excited. I just wish I could find my copy of WS for them to sign. ANyway has anyone ever attended a show here before? How are the acustics? If its like the House Of Blues in Myrtle Beach then it should be ok. Id like to see them in an arena though. Too bad they couldnt have ame to the Richmond Coliseum.

I'd prefer experiencing Opeth in a smaller place. Bands like Opeth are better off being close to the fans.... as opposed to an Ozzy Osbourne

I like the Norva, I live like 30 minutes away from it and see shows there all the time. It's not a huge venue but the sound is great as long as the engineer running the board knows his stuff. Seen some amateur engineers screw up great bands and good ones make crappy bands sound great.

Out of about a dozen Opeth shows I've been to, one at the Norva was the best. Best sound easily. It was a pretty light crowd, which I don't mind because we could get about 5 feet from the stage without getting smashed or moshed. Also everything's in walking distance so you can drink up. Speaking of bumping into them, we usually see them on the street an hour or two before doors.